News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
JiWire release to add value to mobile commerce
New this week from JiWire, a release that pushes location to mobile indices, adding value to mobile ad budgets. The JiWire Location Conversation Index (LCI) measures whether mobile users served an ad later visited a store location, giving retail brands an idea of how shoppers are engaging in the mobile space.
The Location Conversation Index from JiWire separates typical foot-traffic from traffic initiated by a mobile ad; the solution offers seasonal adjustments, which can be highly important during peak shopping seasons like the upcoming 2013 Holidays. Early results from the tool are positive: one Fortune 500 retail brand saw a 32% increase in store visits (shoppers served a mobile ad) and a 57% increase in visits from randomly selected shoppers.
"As an industry leader in understanding location data, we are continually identifying new ways for marketers' to measure the ROI of their mobile campaigns," said David Staas, president of JiWire. "It is not just about counting the total visits to the store, it is about demonstrating a noticeable increase of in-store visits after exposure to the mobile advertisement. With many variables measured and accounted for, the Location Conversion Index helps marketers truly understand how their mobile ad-spend influences their customers' behavior."
Here's how it works: the system first looks at historical traffic/visit rates to determine which demographics are most likely to visit a location. From there, once the campaign begins, JiWire's LCI measures the increase in visits for those shoppers shown the mobile ad, adjusting for peak shopping days/seasons so that the retailers gets a firm picture of who their core shopper base is, how mobile campaigns are faring and what adjustments need to be made to increase traffic and conversions.
Image via Shutterstock
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...