News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How people are engaging with mobile, digital content
Digital content is a trend many brands are beginning to follow. According to new data out from Unisphere Research most brands are beginning to push budget dollars into content creation. The data shows that for about half of responding brands, only about 10% of their ad budgets are pushed into content creation.
Unisphere researchers found the bulk of branded content was in the form of article/video clips. However, the report also found a blip on the content creation screen: content isn't being created for specific channels. Instead, many are using the same content across channels, which may not be the best use of their content dollars.
Meanwhile, the September MobileSTAT report from JumpTap shows that auto ads are grabbing more mobile users' attention. Credited to the use of rich media, JumpTap's data shows that tablet users are engaging 180% more with mobile auto ads which offer multiple features. Other interesting findings include:
• Drivers of trucks are most likely to use Android devices, SUV-minded consumers are most likely using Apple devices
• Wyoming is the most likely state to have drivers of trucks engaging via mobile device
• Auto details are most likely consumed in the early morning (7a-10a) via PC or early evening (5p-8p) via mobile device
It isn't just auto buyers who are engaging more often via mobile device. Consumers are looking for all types of content from user-generated videos and Hollywood produced, long form content on mobiles. While more and more are watching video, many are also reading content from favorite publishers. According to PQMedia's recent digital media spending forecast the digital media content and technology spend will push $1 trillion by 2017.
• Digital media spending (consumer) is expected to reach $259.48 in 2017
• The US is leading the digital consumption rate with China close behind
• Digital media spending was responsible for more than half of total media content spending (2012)
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...