News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How mobile is impacting in-store purchasing
Around the world, mobile devices are making more appearances in-store, and not just so consumers can answer a call. According to new data out from GfK about one-third of global citizens are now using cellphones in-store to research products while almost 20% have made a purchase with their mobile while in a retail store.
According to the Transforming the Shopping Experience report:
• Consumer Electronics and Toys shoppers are most likely to combine online/offline details
• 70% of US shoppers are 'omni-channel', using online and offline info to decide on purchases
• 64% of omni-channel shoppers choose in-store to 'see and feel' products while 63% buy in-store to get the product home sooner
"The future of shopping is already in full swing," said Alison Chaltas, EVP of Shopper and Retail Strategy at GfK. "Retailers need to embrace and market to shoppers' fast-changing habits and preferences, providing a well calibrated mix of information, service, and promotion. It is also essential to have a unified message and brand across platforms. The holy grail in this new environment will be creating an integrated and consistent message to shoppers that you are ready to serve them wherever they go - in store, online, and along the way."
Meanwhile, a new infographic out from Joyent is a reminder that, with the upcoming holidays, etailers need to make sure their websites will stay up - even during peak traffic times. According to the data 86% of etailers have experienced downtime; being down even one minute can cost an etailer $5600. What's more, more than half (56%) of shoppers say they won't return to an online store after experienced downtime or other issues.
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...