News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How mobile is impacting in-store purchasing
Around the world, mobile devices are making more appearances in-store, and not just so consumers can answer a call. According to new data out from GfK about one-third of global citizens are now using cellphones in-store to research products while almost 20% have made a purchase with their mobile while in a retail store.
According to the Transforming the Shopping Experience report:
• Consumer Electronics and Toys shoppers are most likely to combine online/offline details
• 70% of US shoppers are 'omni-channel', using online and offline info to decide on purchases
• 64% of omni-channel shoppers choose in-store to 'see and feel' products while 63% buy in-store to get the product home sooner
"The future of shopping is already in full swing," said Alison Chaltas, EVP of Shopper and Retail Strategy at GfK. "Retailers need to embrace and market to shoppers' fast-changing habits and preferences, providing a well calibrated mix of information, service, and promotion. It is also essential to have a unified message and brand across platforms. The holy grail in this new environment will be creating an integrated and consistent message to shoppers that you are ready to serve them wherever they go - in store, online, and along the way."
Meanwhile, a new infographic out from Joyent is a reminder that, with the upcoming holidays, etailers need to make sure their websites will stay up - even during peak traffic times. According to the data 86% of etailers have experienced downtime; being down even one minute can cost an etailer $5600. What's more, more than half (56%) of shoppers say they won't return to an online store after experienced downtime or other issues.
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....