News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How mobile is impacting in-store purchasing
Around the world, mobile devices are making more appearances in-store, and not just so consumers can answer a call. According to new data out from GfK about one-third of global citizens are now using cellphones in-store to research products while almost 20% have made a purchase with their mobile while in a retail store.
According to the Transforming the Shopping Experience report:
• Consumer Electronics and Toys shoppers are most likely to combine online/offline details
• 70% of US shoppers are 'omni-channel', using online and offline info to decide on purchases
• 64% of omni-channel shoppers choose in-store to 'see and feel' products while 63% buy in-store to get the product home sooner
"The future of shopping is already in full swing," said Alison Chaltas, EVP of Shopper and Retail Strategy at GfK. "Retailers need to embrace and market to shoppers' fast-changing habits and preferences, providing a well calibrated mix of information, service, and promotion. It is also essential to have a unified message and brand across platforms. The holy grail in this new environment will be creating an integrated and consistent message to shoppers that you are ready to serve them wherever they go - in store, online, and along the way."
Meanwhile, a new infographic out from Joyent is a reminder that, with the upcoming holidays, etailers need to make sure their websites will stay up - even during peak traffic times. According to the data 86% of etailers have experienced downtime; being down even one minute can cost an etailer $5600. What's more, more than half (56%) of shoppers say they won't return to an online store after experienced downtime or other issues.
Image via Shutterstock
- Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
- Personalization key to becoming a 'Best Friend Brand'
- Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...