News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of UK bloggers do not use affiliate marketing to monetize content
A new survey of UK bloggers by affiliate marketing network Paid On Results found that most are not taking advantage of affiliate marketing to monetize content.
Affiliate marketing is not a new concept but it is currently booming in the UK. However, very few of the country's bloggers are grabbing a piece of the £9 billion in revenue being generated by the industry, according to research carried out by Paid On Results and reported in The Drum.
Of 967 surveyed, 85% said they did not implement affiliate marketing activity to monetize content on their blog. While 20% either could not be bothered (12%) or were not fussed about making money (8%), it is a lack of understanding of the marketing technique that was the reason most (37%) did not use affiliate marketing. Another 17% preferred not to use affiliate marketing so they could remain impartial towards brands.
"Whilst the affiliate marketing industry has exploded in recent years, there are some people that are clearly missing out on the financial rewards it can bring," says Graeme Sandwell, managing director at Paid On Results. "Bloggers should definitely do their homework on affiliate marketing, because even one reader that goes on to make a purchase though an affiliate link on your blog could make you a decent bit of money."
Earlier this year, the Mail Online became the first national newspaper in the UK to implement affiliate marketing.
"It is a bold move, as publishers have shied away from this model in the past because they were worried that such an approach would lead to questions about editorial integrity," writes Helen Southgate of The Guardian.
Image via Shutterstock
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...