News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why real estate brands should focus on mobile
In the real estate game, location trumps everything. And according one new report, mobile may be the most important location of all. New data out from The Search Agency indicates mobile is becoming a hot property for real estate agents and brokers, especially the mobile search space.
According to the Paid Search Trends in Real Estate report just out from The Search Agency, the search share for tablets and mobile devices showed growth increases in the triple digits (July/August 2013, Year over Year) while the share for desktop searchers remained flat YoY.
Some interesting takeaways from the report:
• Tablet clicks increased 155% YoY, smartphone click increased 109%
• Desktop impressions decreased by 23% YoY
• Most mobile clicks were counted over the weekend, while most desktop clicks happened during weekdays
• Smartphone users are most likely to click between midnight and 6AM
• 70% of total clicks happened during work hours, between 6AM and 6PM
"While consumers may not be ditching their computers altogether, they're flocking to smartphones and tablets to search for homes and apartments," said Keith Wilson, SVP Client Facing at The Search Agency. "It's no surprise that more and more people are using their mobile devices to find properties, listings and houses, however, this data offers real estate marketers deeper insight around consumer habits and opportunities to provide the right ads and content at the right time of day, day of the week, and on which device."
The report underlines the importance of mobile for Realtors - including mobile optimized sites, images that are optimized for different screen sizes and information that is simple to access and click onto.
Image via Shutterstock
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...