News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Viggle: Mobile screens improving TV ad spend
New data from Viggle shows a connection between mobile screens and television ad campaign performance. According to their new study, conducted by Nielsen, a major brand found their campaign performed better when viewers saw an ad on television while they were simultaneously using the Viggle app.
Viggle is an online check-in app, used by television viewers to share shows they are watching through their online social networks. According to the report, viewers exposed to a television ad while using the app scored higher on brand and message recall, purchase intent and 'likeability'. These metrics all scored between 11% and 50% higher than for viewers not engaged across screens.
Greg Consiglio, President and COO of Viggle said, "According to the results, this brand's television campaign received significantly higher recall, likeability, and purchase intent from viewers who checked in and saw the ad on Viggle and on-air than from those who saw the ad on TV only."
"This research substantiates the efforts that brands are making in order to take advantage of the second screen to connect with their key audiences," said Scott McKinley, EVP, Product Leadership & Innovation, Nielsen. "It will enable them to better understand how the second screen can reinforce the message in their spots as consumers use their devices during their favorite programs."
Meanwhile, the latest Millennial Media Mobile Mix report shows Apple impressions are surging across their network. According to the report Apple devices were responsible for 42% of total mobile impressions (Q2 2013), an increase of nearly 10% over Q2 2012 numbers. Android's impression share increased 5% over the same period, from 46% to 51%.
Other interesting findings include:
• Apple holds a 55% share of tablet impressions
• Android holds a 44% share of tablet impressions
• Top app categories included Games, Music and Entertainment/Communications
Image via Shutterstock
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...