News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unruly: Apple users aren't sharing like Android users
Apple may be the leading handset among smartphone phone owners, but Apple users don't seem overly invested in sharing their OEMs video content. According to new data out from Unruly Apple iPhone video ads account for fewer than 10% of shares.
This even though there are rumors a new iPhone will be released very soon. Meanwhile, users are sharing up a video storm where ads from Samsung and Nokia are concerned. According to the data 10% of people shared content for Apple's iPhone 4S while only 1 in 56 shared video content for the iPhone 5.
"Consumer tech has completely transformed over the past decade. In such a fast-moving environment, where innovation is key to grabbing consumers' attention, brands need a fast-paced medium to market their products," said Unruly COO and co-founder Sarah Wood. "Because social video can be emotionally powerful and at the same time also extremely informative about new products or features, it offers a massive opportunity for brands in the run-up to the holiday season. These sharing numbers aren't just vanity metrics. Making videos shareable can dramatically increase a brand's reach, generate recommendations among peer groups and increase brand uplift and trigger purchases."
In June comScore reported that more than 140 million US consumers owned smartphones (59% penetration) and that nearly 40% of those users were on the Apple platform. Android represented a 52% market share, spread out over many handsets including HTC and Samsung models.
How do other tech competitors fare in the social sharing wars? Unruly's study shows:
• Sony PS4 is leading the share war over Microsoft Xbox One
• Grand Theft Auto videos are creating more buzz with a 48% share rate
• Samsung ads pull in more than half of smartphone shares
• Google Chrome holds about 70% of video shares compared to Microsoft's Internet Explorer's 88.6%
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...