News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter allows users to customize Tweet audience
Lately we have seen how Facebook has been taking on some Twitter-esque features. Now, Twitter has adopted some features from the social networking behemoth including 'Protected Tweets'.
If you're a Facebook user, you'll know that if you want to post a Status but want to limit the audience (think risqué jokes and your mother-in-law), you can customize the audience.
Plus, on Facebook you have to approve Friend requests, ensuring the ex or the ex's new wife can't intrude in your online domain.
Well, those two features are now available to Twitter users.
Until now, anything Tweeted was blasted out to all and sundry. However, by using Twitter's new Protected Tweets, you can decide who gets to see what. Here's how to do it.
Furthermore, through using Protected Tweets, users can now choose to approve Follower requests (there's that ex and his wife again), giving more control over those who get access to your online world. Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search and are only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved Followers.
Of course, should you marry a millionaire or win the lottery, you can still go back and change the settings to allow everyone to see your Tweets - especially that ex, and his wife, eh?
Image via Shutterstock
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- 51% of Brits can not spot ads in search results
- Clean fraud and account takeover top UK businesses fraud concerns
- Survey: Elections worrisome for SMB owners
- Reports: Online crucial for SMBs
- 3 trends to watch in social marketing
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...