News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter allows users to customize Tweet audience
Lately we have seen how Facebook has been taking on some Twitter-esque features. Now, Twitter has adopted some features from the social networking behemoth including 'Protected Tweets'.
If you're a Facebook user, you'll know that if you want to post a Status but want to limit the audience (think risqué jokes and your mother-in-law), you can customize the audience.
Plus, on Facebook you have to approve Friend requests, ensuring the ex or the ex's new wife can't intrude in your online domain.
Well, those two features are now available to Twitter users.
Until now, anything Tweeted was blasted out to all and sundry. However, by using Twitter's new Protected Tweets, you can decide who gets to see what. Here's how to do it.
Furthermore, through using Protected Tweets, users can now choose to approve Follower requests (there's that ex and his wife again), giving more control over those who get access to your online world. Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search and are only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved Followers.
Of course, should you marry a millionaire or win the lottery, you can still go back and change the settings to allow everyone to see your Tweets - especially that ex, and his wife, eh?
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....