News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter allows users to customize Tweet audience
Lately we have seen how Facebook has been taking on some Twitter-esque features. Now, Twitter has adopted some features from the social networking behemoth including 'Protected Tweets'.
If you're a Facebook user, you'll know that if you want to post a Status but want to limit the audience (think risqué jokes and your mother-in-law), you can customize the audience.
Plus, on Facebook you have to approve Friend requests, ensuring the ex or the ex's new wife can't intrude in your online domain.
Well, those two features are now available to Twitter users.
Until now, anything Tweeted was blasted out to all and sundry. However, by using Twitter's new Protected Tweets, you can decide who gets to see what. Here's how to do it.
Furthermore, through using Protected Tweets, users can now choose to approve Follower requests (there's that ex and his wife again), giving more control over those who get access to your online world. Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search and are only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved Followers.
Of course, should you marry a millionaire or win the lottery, you can still go back and change the settings to allow everyone to see your Tweets - especially that ex, and his wife, eh?
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...