News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter allows users to customize Tweet audience
Lately we have seen how Facebook has been taking on some Twitter-esque features. Now, Twitter has adopted some features from the social networking behemoth including 'Protected Tweets'.
If you're a Facebook user, you'll know that if you want to post a Status but want to limit the audience (think risqué jokes and your mother-in-law), you can customize the audience.
Plus, on Facebook you have to approve Friend requests, ensuring the ex or the ex's new wife can't intrude in your online domain.
Well, those two features are now available to Twitter users.
Until now, anything Tweeted was blasted out to all and sundry. However, by using Twitter's new Protected Tweets, you can decide who gets to see what. Here's how to do it.
Furthermore, through using Protected Tweets, users can now choose to approve Follower requests (there's that ex and his wife again), giving more control over those who get access to your online world. Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search and are only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved Followers.
Of course, should you marry a millionaire or win the lottery, you can still go back and change the settings to allow everyone to see your Tweets - especially that ex, and his wife, eh?
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...