News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter allows users to customize Tweet audience
Lately we have seen how Facebook has been taking on some Twitter-esque features. Now, Twitter has adopted some features from the social networking behemoth including 'Protected Tweets'.
If you're a Facebook user, you'll know that if you want to post a Status but want to limit the audience (think risqué jokes and your mother-in-law), you can customize the audience.
Plus, on Facebook you have to approve Friend requests, ensuring the ex or the ex's new wife can't intrude in your online domain.
Well, those two features are now available to Twitter users.
Until now, anything Tweeted was blasted out to all and sundry. However, by using Twitter's new Protected Tweets, you can decide who gets to see what. Here's how to do it.
Furthermore, through using Protected Tweets, users can now choose to approve Follower requests (there's that ex and his wife again), giving more control over those who get access to your online world. Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search and are only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved Followers.
Of course, should you marry a millionaire or win the lottery, you can still go back and change the settings to allow everyone to see your Tweets - especially that ex, and his wife, eh?
Image via Shutterstock
- GoDaddy, Microsoft partner for SMB solution
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...