News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablets to account for over 62% of overall 2013 U.S. mcommerce sales
Mobile devices are playing an increasing role in commerce, being both a means to make purchases and, just as importantly, a tool for research.
Subsequently, eMarketer has revised its projections for 2013 U.S. holiday mcommerce. This year, mobile's share will reach 16%, up from 11% last year and 7% in 2011.
Retail mcommerce sales will hit $41.68 billion this year, climb to $56.72 billion next year and, by 2017, retail mcommerce sales will rise to over $100 billion.
This year, tablets will play a bigger role, says eMarketer, accounting for 62.5% of overall mcommerce sales, up from the 56.2% share in 2012.
"Tablets are particularly significant for mcommerce sales growth," says eMarketer. "As more consumers have embraced these devices for lean-back browsing of potential purchases, retailers have made greater efforts to make sure their tablet retail sites and apps are particularly rich and responsive."
Meanwhile, smartphone will continue to drive 35% of mcommerce sales this year, although eMarketer predicts that percentage will continue to decrease in the coming years dropping to 27% by 2017. However, actual dollars spent via smartphones will continue to rise reaching $30.66 billion in 2017, up from $14.59 billion this year.
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...