News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Millennials sharing the wealth through coupons
Turns out it isn't just busy moms and thrifty grandmothers clipping coupons out of the local newspaper every Sunday. A new survey from RedPlum indicated Millennials are coupon omnivores - grabbing discounts from the mail, from circulars and online, too.
According to the RedPlum Purse String Survey one-third of Millennials use coupons received in the mail and 21% from retail circulars but nearly half are also snagging emailed coupons or coupon codes via their mobile device. Researchers found:
• 45% access coupons from email via smartphone
• 41% use coupon codes on their smartphone
• 36% compare deals
• 32% will download coupons to loyalty cards
"The RedPlum Purse String Survey results are somewhat counter intuitive from what you might expect based on what we know about millennials," said Lisa Reynolds, Valassis Vice President of Consumer Engagement. "While they are heavy digital users, this group also embraces tried and true methods for savings, as much as any other age group. Promotion sensitive, they are a true testament to the use of savings from both print and digital sources."
Compared to the rest of the population, Millennials are leading a new coupon charge. For example, where 45% of Millennials use mobile devices for emailed coupons only 24% of the general population were found to do the same. Results were similar with the rest of the variables: the general population falling behind Millennials' use of devices for couponing.
As for how Millennials are sharing - and finding out - about coupons and deals, nearly three quarters (71%) rely on word of mouth while 43% depend on social networks and one-third (30%) rely on text messages.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...