News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Millennials really do work smarter
The older workforce could perhaps learn a thing or two from their younger workers - those just entering or eschewing the traditional workplace. New data from j2 Global indicates the Millennial generation has taken the mantra 'work smarter not harder' to heart, and they're using mobiles to stay connected and keep making money.
According to the j2 Global Mid Year Small Business Report, millennial entrepreneurs are making the most of their mobiles, using the devices even during 'down time' to run their business. The research shows that nearly one-third of millennials 'get the most work done' while commuting (31%) or during their downtime (32%) of watching television or hanging out at home.
"Millennials have grown up immersed in technologies that let them connect and collaborate anywhere, on a host of devices they always have with them," says Mike Pugh, vice president of marketing for j2 Global. "So it makes perfect sense that they see their professional lives unfolding outside the confines of office or cubicle walls. Today's cloud-based technologies are giving this generation more freedom to innovate and build businesses than any generation before them - and the millennials seem to be embracing these opportunities in increasingly large numbers."
Millennials are also more likely to use apps to run a smarter business:
• 36% say they use 5 or more apps for their business
• 56% say they'll 'work entirely' from a tablet or iPad within the next year
• 57% use smartphones 'primarily for email' vs. 32% who use smartphones primarily for calls
• 23% say they primarily use smartphones for texting
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...