News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Millennials really do work smarter
The older workforce could perhaps learn a thing or two from their younger workers - those just entering or eschewing the traditional workplace. New data from j2 Global indicates the Millennial generation has taken the mantra 'work smarter not harder' to heart, and they're using mobiles to stay connected and keep making money.
According to the j2 Global Mid Year Small Business Report, millennial entrepreneurs are making the most of their mobiles, using the devices even during 'down time' to run their business. The research shows that nearly one-third of millennials 'get the most work done' while commuting (31%) or during their downtime (32%) of watching television or hanging out at home.
"Millennials have grown up immersed in technologies that let them connect and collaborate anywhere, on a host of devices they always have with them," says Mike Pugh, vice president of marketing for j2 Global. "So it makes perfect sense that they see their professional lives unfolding outside the confines of office or cubicle walls. Today's cloud-based technologies are giving this generation more freedom to innovate and build businesses than any generation before them - and the millennials seem to be embracing these opportunities in increasingly large numbers."
Millennials are also more likely to use apps to run a smarter business:
• 36% say they use 5 or more apps for their business
• 56% say they'll 'work entirely' from a tablet or iPad within the next year
• 57% use smartphones 'primarily for email' vs. 32% who use smartphones primarily for calls
• 23% say they primarily use smartphones for texting
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...