News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Millennials really do work smarter
The older workforce could perhaps learn a thing or two from their younger workers - those just entering or eschewing the traditional workplace. New data from j2 Global indicates the Millennial generation has taken the mantra 'work smarter not harder' to heart, and they're using mobiles to stay connected and keep making money.
According to the j2 Global Mid Year Small Business Report, millennial entrepreneurs are making the most of their mobiles, using the devices even during 'down time' to run their business. The research shows that nearly one-third of millennials 'get the most work done' while commuting (31%) or during their downtime (32%) of watching television or hanging out at home.
"Millennials have grown up immersed in technologies that let them connect and collaborate anywhere, on a host of devices they always have with them," says Mike Pugh, vice president of marketing for j2 Global. "So it makes perfect sense that they see their professional lives unfolding outside the confines of office or cubicle walls. Today's cloud-based technologies are giving this generation more freedom to innovate and build businesses than any generation before them - and the millennials seem to be embracing these opportunities in increasingly large numbers."
Millennials are also more likely to use apps to run a smarter business:
• 36% say they use 5 or more apps for their business
• 56% say they'll 'work entirely' from a tablet or iPad within the next year
• 57% use smartphones 'primarily for email' vs. 32% who use smartphones primarily for calls
• 23% say they primarily use smartphones for texting
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...