News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study finds marketing pros distressed over their efforts
Advertisers may not be as confident as they would like their competitors to think. That according to the new Digital Distress: What Keeps Marketers Up At Night report which finds less than 10% of respondents 'know their digital marketing is working'.
The study was conducted by EdelmanBerland for Adobe and found that marketers are not only unsure of their campaigns' effects, but that fewer than half believe they are 'proficient' at digital marketing. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 76% of respondents believe marketing has 'change more' in the past 2 years than the previous 50
• 82% are 'most concerned' about reaching their customers in the digital space
• 79% are 'most concerned' with understanding campaign analytics
• 75% worry about demonstrating the ROI of a campaign
• 76% believe campaign measurement is important but only 29% believe they are 'doing it well'
Along with the worry about how campaigns are faring comes worry about the pressures of the digital space. Because consumers are online more often and engaging with more types of content through computers and mobile devices, some might feel it is easier to engage and convert those consumers, when the opposite has been proven true.
Rather than being more accessible, consumers are becoming more blinded to traditional digital formats like banners which means marketers have to be more creative with the ad content they create. The drawback to that creative content is that it can be hard to measure the impact of those ad formats.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...