News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Casual gamers interested in value added propositions
There is a divide widening between casual social and mobile gamers and their more intense counterparts: that of the value exchange ad proposition. According to a new report out from MediaBrix, casual mobile and social gamers are quite interested in value exchanges, believing that these options enhance their gaming experience.
According to a recent eMarketer report nearly 40% of the US mobile population is now playing mobile or social games (125.9 million unique players); forecasts predict that 8 in 10 mobile users will play games via their device by 2016.
Brands trying to reach casual gamers should look to value exchange ads to increase engagement. That is one takeaway from the new MediaBrix Social and Mobile Gaming Report which finds that women, especially, are interested in value exchanging while playing their casual games. According to the report casual gamers believe value exchange ads 'give them advantages' while playing.
"As social and mobile gaming have become mainstream and ingrained in the lives of hundreds of millions of consumers, this medium should be a top priority for marketers," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-founder, MediaBrix. "Typically performance erodes with such scale, but that's not the case with advertising within gaming as the performance continues to dominate other digital ad formats. Across the board, success metrics and overall effectiveness are exponentially higher with social and mobile gaming campaigns than standard online advertising campaigns."
Other interesting findings include:
• Social/mobile game ads average click-thrus of 11%, completion rates of 89% and share rates of 1.02%
• CTRs for mobile/social gamers average 4.3% higher and hold an engagement rate of nearly 20%
• Mobile gamers are now playing more than casual/console gamers
Image via Shutterstock
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...