News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social too time-consuming for SMBs?
Small businesses may know the value of social for reaching local shoppers, but that doesn't mean they have the time to do social 'right'. Because of that, many are looking to outsource social responsibilities. That, according to new data out from Constant Contact which shows more SMBs are looking at social as something that can be done outside their offices.
"We hear from small businesses that it's challenging to keep pace with evolving online marketing technologies, from Facebook ads, to mobile-optimized websites, to Google Analytics, so it's understandable that many outsource these kinds of activities," said Christopher M. Litster, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Constant Contact.
Small businesses are already outsourcing much of their advertising options, according to the report. While email and newsletters primarily stay in-house, 40% of SMBs say they outsource TV/Radio ads and at least 20% outsource online ad options like banner ads an websites. Nearly 20% say they would like to add social media to the outsourcing list.
"Managing social media is a hot button with small businesses," said Litster. "In an earlier Constant Contact survey, 80 percent said they conduct social media marketing, yet more than half also told us it's the marketing activity they need the most help with, so it's not surprising to see here that social media has the biggest gap between those who do outsource it and those who'd like to."
Other interesting findings include:
• 50% of SMBs would like to outsource SEO
• 34% say they would outsource online banner ads
• 32% want to outsource local print ads
Image via Shutterstock
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...