News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SMBs: How to better prepare for employee interviews
In the small business space few executives have time to complete days and days of interviews. Couple that will stats out from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, showing that unemployment claims have been down throughout 2013, and the time for those pesky interviews may be drawing near. Here's how SMBs can get more from the interview process - without wasting time.
According to a recent survey by Rocket Lawyer, employment issues/hiring concerns are near the top of SMB concerns. Understandable since many small businesses don't have time to sit through days of interviews and many aren't confident in their understanding of hiring laws.
Charley Moore, Chairman of Rocket Lawyer says one thing more SMBs must be aware of is the law - knowing about Fair Hiring Practices, Job Discrimination Laws.
"Stay compliant with state and federal structures regarding the classification of workers (part-time vs. full-time, contractor vs. employee), compensation policies (minimum wage, overtime, working hours, etc)," said Moore. "Make sure you get ALL employment agreements in writing. Specify the terms and conditions of employment with an Employment Offer Letter - that confirms the employees position, title, start date, salary, benefits, etc."
Once SMBs have a good understanding of the laws in hiring, Moore suggests developing a company handbook so that employees know their benefits as well as how the company expects them to perform. Along with that handbook create a worker's compensation program.
"This can help a small business avoid costly lawsuits and out of pocket expenses via insurance policies that protects SMBs and keep the worker from suing the employer in the event of an accident," said Moore.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...