News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports show more time, engagement coming from mobile
The mobile space just keeps getting bigger. That is the takeaway from two new reports which underline the importance of mobile for content/ecommerce as well as email engagement.
First Jumptap and comScore have released the joint Screen Jumping study which shows half of all online time is now spent on a mobile device. The study also shows that 14% of women between the ages of 25 and 49 will 'only access' the web from a mobile device. Other interesting findings include:
• In February 2010 people spent 451 billion minutes online, February 2013 found people spending 890 billion minutes online
• 65% of 18-24 year olds are screen jumpers - accessing from PC and mobile devices
• 74% of Men (25-49) and 69% of women (25-49) are screen jumpers
• Three-quarters of users stream music from mobile devices, 55% check weather, 48% play games
• 68% prefer accessing Busines/Finance content via PC, 62% access sports content via PC and 56% access food information via PC
• Most screen-jumping time is spent in the evening hours
According to new data out from Experian Marketing Services, mobile email engagements are driven by iPad users. The report notes that email volume increased nearly 18% (Q2 2013 vs. Q2 2012) and that half of all emails are now opened on mobile devices. Of those devices, iPads were found to be the most popular for email conversions.
"With half of all emails opened on mobile devices in Q2 2013, we noticed that people who open email on more than one device, two or more times, have a greater propensity to buy or buy more," said Peter DeNunzio, general manager for cross-channel marketing at Experian Marketing Services. "Insight like this helps marketers plan the timing of their email marketing, and its best to include reminders to customers to engage them when they are less busy and are more inclined to purchase. As such, it is important for marketers to leverage platform preferences and engagement metrics to identify key subscribers for future targeted offers."
The research further shows that although overall transaction rates were down (YoY) nearly half (48%) of brands report 'statistically significant' email transaction rates for the quarter.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...