News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Kids in school means splurges all around
Back to school shopping isn't just about new notebooks, pencils and crayons anymore. Not according to new data out from Cardlytics. Their analysis of the 2013 back to school shopping season highlights some interesting trends - include reading habits of school-kids-moms, dating and travel.
"Drawing on extensive data from our banking partners, we are able to determine what American shoppers purchase during peak shopping seasons such as the back-to-school rush. This applies to other seasonal periods as well, such as Valentine's Day, Spring Break and the Christmas holidays," said Scott Grimes, CEO of Cardlytics. "This is a great advantage for our advertisers as we can anticipate the kinds of deals likely to appeal to certain consumers at various times throughout the year."
Researchers found that:
• Families with college-aged kids splurged on moving trucks and furniture
• Single parent households signed - or re-signed - with dating services
• Magazine purchases increased
Researchers also found increase spending at opticians and optometrists as kids readied for school and that many families splurged on one last memory making moment.
Final tallies aren't available for the actual back to school spend yet, but the National Retail Federation predicted that BTS spending would push past $26 billion this year while parents worked hard to make their money go farther. According to the research nearly 10% of parents planned to spend less on school items. About one-third (37%) said they would comparison shop to save money.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
- Top 3 tips for enterprises to enter the cloud
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...