News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Intranets improving employee engagement
With so many distractions in the work place it is no wonder that many employees become side tracked. But one new report offers hope to employers trying to improve the engagement - and productivity - of workers. The solution could be an intranet system.
A new report out from cloud services provider Appirio suggests intranet systems may be the solution for businesses who find their employees' productivity is slumping.
"Business pays a high price for employees that are just going through the motions, yet it's a common occurrence in today's workplace," said Jason Averbook, chief business innovation officer at Appirio. "According to Gallup, more than 70 percent of international workers consider themselves either not engaged or actively disengaged, costing businesses more than $370B annually. This needs to be addressed as we move towards Workplace 2020, where a majority of the workforce are digital natives, multigenerational, highly collaborative and more globally dispersed than ever. Employee intranets are an easy and highly impactful place to start, and when combined with today's leading cloud solutions, they give the workforce access to information like never before."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 85% of businesses report intranets/employee portals are 'mission critical'
• 66% say employee portals 'reduce' the HR burden
• 39% say employee portals 'drive engagement'
Of those using intranets or employee portals fewer than 15% are optimized for mobile devices and fewer than 25% are integrated with social platforms. Those which are optimized for mobile and social, however, are seeing greater results. Of those with the integrations, employee engagement rose to 77%.
Appirio commissioned the report from the International Association for Human Resource Information Management.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...