News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Hispanic shoppers are more social
All consumers like to share the deals they've found online with friends and family; many of those conversations take place in the social space. But for one demographic, the social aspect of shopping is growing quickly - and may be helping brands find new loyalty and rewards club members.
Retailers may be getting a social boost from their Hispanic customers. According to new data out from PunchTab about 62% of the Hispanic shoppers who post about their loyalty programs do so after a purchase has been made.
"Nearly half of Hispanic shoppers use social media during the purchasing process, and our research shows that many of these posts relate to loyalty programs," said Angela Sanfilippo, CMO at PunchTab. "By understanding which loyalty program topics are most prevalent and how shoppers are engaging, marketers can implement pinpointed programs to increase engagement and amplify positive word-of-mouth at every stage of the purchase process."
Researchers studied how more than 500 Hispanic loyalty program members engaged with brands and loyalty programs like Walgreen's Balance Rewards. Other interesting findings include:
• Most posts involve the savings from loyalty clubs, free gifts or bonuses earned from the program
• Most pre-purchase posts involve the customer wanting to join the program
• At least one-third of these posts are brand-positive
• More than one-third of posts are driven by branded hashtags or program contests
"This presents an enormous opportunity for brands to continue to raise awareness within the Hispanic market by way of timely social initiatives, such as holiday or back-to-school campaigns, that leverage social, email and SMS campaigns and encourage social sharing," writes the company.
The bulk of loyalty conversations involved big box stores, including Kmart, Sears and Walgreens.
Image via Shutterstock
- UK mobile advertising spend tops $1.6 billion in 2013
- Reports: MCommerce up 35%, are tablets taking over?
- SMBs: Top tips to improve customer engagement in 2014
- Brands: Why you should consider one more email
- How to better use keywords in 2014
- How analytics will change 2014
- comScore video rankings records surge in video ads
- Report: Breakthrough Moments pushing engagement
Featured White Papers
- 9 Essentials of Online Opinion Monitoring
Back in the day, marketing was a polished monologue. Now with the rise of self-publishing on the internet, the monologue...
- Social Business Study Guide
Today, social media success means something different to every organization. Brands participate in social to build customer loyalty, drive sales,...
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...