News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: American SMBs embracing mobiles
There is a divide developing between UK and US small business owners. While more UK SMBs own a mobile device (68%) than US (66%), new data out from Constant Contact shows that more US based SMBs are optimizing their store websites for mobile.
Research just out from Constant Contact show positive growth from American SMBs in the mobile space - more than one-third (34%) are now using mobile optimized websites. But, more than that, US based SMBs are more likely to engage with mobile through social networks and email - nearly three-quarters are using mobile to engage consumers through email messaging and social media marketing. Other interesting findings include:
• 20% of US SMBs use text/SMS messaging, 6% of UK SMBs do so
• 6% of US SMBs use mobile coupons, 1% of UK SMBs do so
• 45% of US SMB websites are mobile optimized, 10% of UK SMBs are
• 44% of American SMBs utilize social media, 18% of UK SMBs do
By the way 55% of UK SMBs say they have 'no interest' in implementing mobile solutions because their customers 'don't ask' for these options (27%); only 15% of US SMBs have 'no interest' in mobile even though 56% say their client base 'doesn't ask' for mobile options.
Meanwhile, the latest data from Fiksu indicates the cost of reach mobile consumers is now as high as it's been since 2011. According to the Fiksu Indexes the cost to acquire a 'loyal mobile user' increased 20% (July 2013) to reach $1.80. Fiksu's experts suggest the rise in costs is due to the increase in mobile brands tapping into Facebook's new mobile appvertising platform as well as Apple's App Store rankings changes.
"There's a major sea change underway, now that Apple's ranking algorithm appears to favor highly-rated apps and penalize others. App marketers must now work even harder to generate positive ratings from engaged users, since user acquisition costs for apps without stellar ratings will now be more expensive." said Micah Adler, Fiksu CEO. "With a new iPhone just a few weeks away and the holiday season coming up, delivering quality app experiences has never been more critical for app marketers seeking to climb rank and meet monetization goals."
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...