News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: American SMBs embracing mobiles
There is a divide developing between UK and US small business owners. While more UK SMBs own a mobile device (68%) than US (66%), new data out from Constant Contact shows that more US based SMBs are optimizing their store websites for mobile.
Research just out from Constant Contact show positive growth from American SMBs in the mobile space - more than one-third (34%) are now using mobile optimized websites. But, more than that, US based SMBs are more likely to engage with mobile through social networks and email - nearly three-quarters are using mobile to engage consumers through email messaging and social media marketing. Other interesting findings include:
• 20% of US SMBs use text/SMS messaging, 6% of UK SMBs do so
• 6% of US SMBs use mobile coupons, 1% of UK SMBs do so
• 45% of US SMB websites are mobile optimized, 10% of UK SMBs are
• 44% of American SMBs utilize social media, 18% of UK SMBs do
By the way 55% of UK SMBs say they have 'no interest' in implementing mobile solutions because their customers 'don't ask' for these options (27%); only 15% of US SMBs have 'no interest' in mobile even though 56% say their client base 'doesn't ask' for mobile options.
Meanwhile, the latest data from Fiksu indicates the cost of reach mobile consumers is now as high as it's been since 2011. According to the Fiksu Indexes the cost to acquire a 'loyal mobile user' increased 20% (July 2013) to reach $1.80. Fiksu's experts suggest the rise in costs is due to the increase in mobile brands tapping into Facebook's new mobile appvertising platform as well as Apple's App Store rankings changes.
"There's a major sea change underway, now that Apple's ranking algorithm appears to favor highly-rated apps and penalize others. App marketers must now work even harder to generate positive ratings from engaged users, since user acquisition costs for apps without stellar ratings will now be more expensive." said Micah Adler, Fiksu CEO. "With a new iPhone just a few weeks away and the holiday season coming up, delivering quality app experiences has never been more critical for app marketers seeking to climb rank and meet monetization goals."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey IDs best cities for small businesses
- Expert IDs trends to watch in mobile video
- Researchers developing a super-adblocker
- Expert: How retailers can improve tentpole events
- With rise of connected Gen Y, retailers must be fit for the future
- Gaming video content audiences exceed those of HBO and ESPN
- Apple Pay adoption and use continues to wane
- Study: Mobile becoming a loyalty draw
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...