News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pew: Broadband pushing 75% threshold
Broadband is bumping up across the US. According to recent data from Pew Research nearly three-quarters (70%) of Americans over age 18 now have high-speed, broadband connections in their homes (May 2013).
Only about 3% of Americans are now going online with dial-up connections. Which households have the greatest broadband adoption? College grads, those under age 50 and those with household incomes over $50,000 are most likely to be found with broadband connections.
"We've consistently found that age, education, and household income are among the strongest factors associated with home broadband adoption," said Kathryn Zickuhr, Research Associate for the Pew Research Center's Internet Project and lead author of the report. "Many dial-up users cite cost and access as the main reasons they don't have broadband, but for adults who don't use the internet at all, a lack of interest is often the main issue."
Much of that broadband may be used on video. According to July numbers from comScore more than 185 million Americans watched 48 billion video clips during the month; nearly 20 billion of those were video ads.
Google sites, including YouTube, continues to drive the bulk of video views with more than 167 million unique viewers during July; Google sites also drove more than 3.4 billion ad impressions. Brightroll, Adap.TV and LiveRail also drove over 1 billion ad impressions for the month.
Image via Shutterstock
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...