News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nearly half of gamers make in-game purchases, play 3+ games
The habits of online gamers may be more predictable than you think. That, according to new data out from Arkadium which indicates that nearly half of gamers are making in-game purchases and playing at least three games each week.
Researchers studied the habits of casual gamers across mobile and social platforms. The study shows:
• 43% of gamers make in-game purchases (mobile games), 38% of social gamers make in-game purchases
• 48% of mobile gamers play at least 3 games/week, 56% of Facebook gamers do the same
• 46% of gamers are playing across platforms because 'playing with friends' is an important feature
• 63% discover new games thanks to their social networks
The study also indicates that playing games with friends through social networks is 'more important' to casual gamers than sharing with friends, making in-game purchases or getting game notifications.
Peanut Labs conducted the survey, on behalf of Arkadium, during Q2 2013; they studied 1500 US gamers.
Earlier this month, Arkadium announced a partnership with Synacor to bring more games to content sites. Through the partnership Synacor will push Arkadium game titles across their customer portals.
"We're excited to partner with Synacor and extend our library of casual games to the millions of viewers across their vast network of sites," said Neal Sinno, SVP of Casual and Mobile, Arkadium. "Arkadium is at the forefront of entertaining content, and we're thrilled to expand our network by bringing our engaging casual games to their growing audience."
The Synacor portals serve more than 20 million consumers.
Image via Shutterstock
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...