News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MPOS technology ringing up the changes at the checkout
Getting staff out from behind the checkout counter and onto the sales floor with Mobile Point-of-Sale (MPOS) technology is good for business and what consumers expect, according to new research from retail hardware and software innovator I Love Velvet.
Retailers that still use old-fashioned cash registers could be viewed by shoppers as behind the times. According to I Love Velvet's "Consumer Mobile Point-of-Sale (MPOS) Attitudes Report", more than half (51%) of American shoppers believe the cash register's days are numbered.
Furthermore, adding new MPOS technology in-store makes many (46%) consumers believe that the retailer is 'tech savvy', and the use of it would make 35% shop at the store more regularly.
MPOS is also a talking point among consumers with significant reach - 37% would tell a friend about their MPOS experience and 17% would share that experience via social media.
"Consumers are essentially telling retailers: 'get with the times'," said Pascale Juan, I Love Velvet COO. "As MPOS has the ability to cut down long lines in-store and get staff out from behind the cash register, it's clear that the businesses that recognize the benefits of MPOS solutions will win not only more of the consumer dollar, but the perception competition as well."
However, as with a lot of digital technology that involves consumers' personal information, security concerns surrounding MPOS do exist and over half (57%) rank it as their number one worry. Just 12% said they "completely trust" retailers with their personal data.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...