News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile sharing in UK outstrips US
Back in November, 2012, mobile sharing in the UK stood at 28% but, thanks to the proliferation and adoption of smartphones and tablets, that figure has now increased significantly making the UK the country that shares most via mobile.
In the last few months, UK consumer mobile behavior has finally caught up with industry expectations. Sharing via mobile in the country has risen from 28% just over a year ago to more than 50%, while sharing from desktops accounts for under a third (32%).
"Despite what feels like years of analysts and businesses telling us that the mobile reigns supreme as the social and internet platform of choice, our data shows that its only in the last few months that real-life consumer behavior has caught up with these expectations in major western markets," said Rupert Staines, MD UK and Europe at RadiumOne.
Meanwhile, the U.S. is lagging behind the U.K. in the sharing of content via mobile, instead preferring to do so via a desktop computer.
The findings further emphasize the need for marketers to ensure their mobile offerings are providing a mobile experience that is at least comparable to that of the Internet, to ensure that content increasingly shared to mobile devices is as effective and useful as on desktop computers.
Furthermore, as Staines advises, it is "vital for companies to invest in their mobile content and start tracking mobile sharing behaviors to discover actionable customer insights, including the products, content and topics that interest them most".
A recent consumer survey by Eptica found that even the most basic of issues continue to plague consumers' mobile web experiences. The leading issue among Eptica's UK respondents was the lack of functionality both on the mobile web and within apps (36%) while 34% cited slow loading speeds and 34% were frustrated by websites that were not optimized for a small screen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...