News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kantar Media releases 2012 B2B ad spend data
B2B ad spending data released by Kantar Media shows a rise in spend, with television leading the charge. However, spending on Internet display ads was down.
Among the top 50 B2B advertisers $4.3 billion was spent on advertising in 2012, up 4.8% on the previous year, according to Kantar Media (via btobonline).
While spending on television ads saw the biggest rise (up 13.3%), Internet display ads saw drop of 1.3%.
However, in terms of share of overall ad spend, Internet (10.5%) came second to television (59.6%).
The top B2B advertiser in 2012 was telecoms giant AT&T, with an estimated $251.3 million, a decrease of 16.2% from 2011. Second was Microsoft spending $242.2 million, up 36.9%, and in third place Apple which spent 15.4% more in 2012 than 2011 ($230.4%).
Other channels that saw increased B2B ad spending were outdoor (up 2.4%) and consumer magazines (up 1.6%). All other channel categories saw a fall in spending including newspapers (19.3%), B2B magazines (7.7%) and radio (6.1%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...