News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How Ascena Retail Group improved conversions by 225%
Email may not be as sexy as social media or as creative as video, but new data out from Responsys and Ascena Retail Group shows that email is still bringing customers to the checkout. Wanting more from their email program, Ascena implemented new targeting and personalization options to improve on open rates, click thrus and conversions.
According to company data unique open rates improved by 70% while click thrus increased 55%. Better than both those numbers, conversion rates after the implementation improved by 225%. How did they do it?
Ascena tapped Responsys and their Interact Marketing Cloud to power their campaign, building profiles using customer rich data to create personalized messages and offers within the email and once they clicked through, a unique experience unfolded.
"We selected Responsys in order to scale our digital marketing program, leverage customer data and ultimately create highly relevant marketing messages that would increase ROI," said Marc Schweid, Director of Digital Marketing at Ascena Retail Group. "Now, we're delivering individualized experiences based on customer interactions, such as clicking on a link in an email message, browsing items on our website or shopping in one of our brick and mortar stores. We are seeing incredible value from showing our customers that we understand who they are, what they like and what they buy."
Using the shopper data, Ascena used recently browsed or stored products to create personal messages, including discounts, for those shoppers. They were also able to retarget shoppers who abandoned carts, featuring the items of interest from those viewing sessions. Other data shows:
• Cart-Abandon retargeting data improved open rates 275%
• Click thrus improved by 450% using the cart abandon data
• Ascena Retail also saw a 600% increase in revenue per email delivered
• Ascena reports savings to the company, because emails are simpler to create and deliver, of 22%
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...