News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Double purchase intent with interactive pre-roll video ads
The ability of interactive video ads to double purchase intent highlights the significant advantage of interactive brand marketing via online video compared with television ads.
Recently published research from TubeMogul and Innovid reveals a significant brand lift with interactive pre-roll video ads. When compared with regular pre-roll formats, brand awareness was 3.6% higher for interactive pre-roll ads.
Not only that, purchase intent was also higher - 9.9% for interactive pre-roll ads compared with just 4.4% for regular pre-roll.
Furthermore, click rates are almost identical for interactive and regular pre-roll, both averaging 0.9%.
"The data tells a clear story: interactivity doubles purchase behavior without compromising message recall or completions," concludes TubeMogul. "This research is one proof point among many that we are ushering in a new era in creative advertising - one that involves the users more than ever before."
But, do interactive pre-roll ads affect completion rates, distracting viewers from continuing to watch the video content? Not really. According to TubeMogul and Innovid's findings there is just a small drop in completion rate for interactive pre-roll ads of 2% at the most.
Nick Reid, UK managing director of TubeMogul, believes marketers continue to see online video as just an extension of their television buys.
"Television has always been the branding medium of choice for marketers given its unique scale and storytelling power," said Reid. "But with a new medium comes new possibilities for branding, and many are beginning to leverage the interactivity and customization that digital video makes possible."
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...