News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers 7% more likely to click display ads during weekend
It's Friday and, according to a new study from Denmark-based consumer trends agency Adform, that means that over the next two days consumers are more likely to click on display ads.
In its recent survey of consumer behavior across several markets in Europe, Adform found that consumers are 7% more likely to click a display ad during the weekend than during Monday to Friday. Furthermore, the average cost for online ads at the weekend was 12% lower.
One reason for the difference in ad engagement could be that consumers, at work during Monday to Friday, are either unable to see and click on ads using workplace systems, or prefer not to engage with advertising while using an employer's device or network.
The Quarterly Media Barometer also revealed consumer engagement with display ads rose 14% during Summer 2013, during which time brands increased their real-time bidding spend by 92%. Real-time bidding spend on mobile increased 67% during the same period.
According to Martin Stockfleth Larson, Adform CMO, while mobile continues to lag behind desktop "overall RTB continues to represent the media plan of the future, allowing marketers to run more effective, cost effective and targeted campaigns".
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...