News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Asia-Pacific marketers set to boost mobile marketing budgets
Nine out of ten marketers in the Asia-Pacific region predict a significant rise in mobile marketing budgets, as mobile becomes part of the wider budget rather than a standalone activity.
Conducted by WARC for the Mobile Marketing Association, the Asia-Pacific survey reveals that 90% of marketers predict mobile marketing budget increases of anywhere up to 75%.
Driving the interest from marketers is an increasing preference and adoption of the mobile channels by consumers in the region. Respondents to the survey, which included 336 client-side advertisers and marketing services agencies across the Asia-Pacific region, believe that over the next five years their marketing activities will largely be driven by mobile content marketing as well as social marketing and app development. However, just 11% see SMS playing a big role in marketing within that time.
"Mobile is definitely becoming part of the larger budget rather that a standalone expense. More brands are making it part of their overall marketing budget," Rohit Dadwal, Singapore-based Managing Director for the MMA Asia Pacific region told Business Today. "Spends are going to grow as this medium is more measurable compared to others."
The survey also addresses consumer concerns surrounding mobile use. Worries about security and privacy continue to be the biggest barriers (42%) followed by lack of skills and insufficient budgets. The key to breaking down barriers is, says Dadwal, educating consumers about how information is collected and used.
Image via Shutterstock
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...