News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
94% of businesses find digital experience replay tool effective
Today, customer satisfaction and online experience are the "lifeblood of businesses". Yet nearly three-quarters (73%) do not know the reasons why visitors to their website leave without converting, according to a new whitepaper from IBM Tealeaf.
That figure is just one of many contained in IBM Tealeaf's Whitepaper "Addressing Changing Consumer Behavior", based on an international online survey of more than 500 business professionals. The whitepaper delves into how well businesses believe they understand the overall customer experience.
Findings show that just under half (48%) believe they have a good handle on the types of content that prompt consumers to make a purchase. Furthermore, 43% say they have a good understanding of a consumer's reason for making a purchase, 48% appreciate the value of visitors from different traffic sources and 61% are aware of how people discover their website or brand.
"With competitors just a click away, understanding customer behavior and improving customer experience has never been more critical," says the whitepaper. "Reducing customer struggle is no easy feat, especially as each individual customer faces a deluge of different struggles in a multitude of different platforms. But understanding customers is half the battle."
So, what tool do most businesses find effective in helping them better understand the customer experience? The IBM Tealeaf whitepaper found that, while just over a quarter (28%) of respondents use digital experience replay, the vast majority (94%) found it to be very (60%) or quite (34%) effective.
Digital experience replay enables a business to replay a website visitor's journey including interactions such as clicks, form entry, mouse movements and page scrolling. A replay may also show consumer interaction at 'real-life' speed, to further highlight any sticking points.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...