News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
94% of businesses find digital experience replay tool effective
Today, customer satisfaction and online experience are the "lifeblood of businesses". Yet nearly three-quarters (73%) do not know the reasons why visitors to their website leave without converting, according to a new whitepaper from IBM Tealeaf.
That figure is just one of many contained in IBM Tealeaf's Whitepaper "Addressing Changing Consumer Behavior", based on an international online survey of more than 500 business professionals. The whitepaper delves into how well businesses believe they understand the overall customer experience.
Findings show that just under half (48%) believe they have a good handle on the types of content that prompt consumers to make a purchase. Furthermore, 43% say they have a good understanding of a consumer's reason for making a purchase, 48% appreciate the value of visitors from different traffic sources and 61% are aware of how people discover their website or brand.
"With competitors just a click away, understanding customer behavior and improving customer experience has never been more critical," says the whitepaper. "Reducing customer struggle is no easy feat, especially as each individual customer faces a deluge of different struggles in a multitude of different platforms. But understanding customers is half the battle."
So, what tool do most businesses find effective in helping them better understand the customer experience? The IBM Tealeaf whitepaper found that, while just over a quarter (28%) of respondents use digital experience replay, the vast majority (94%) found it to be very (60%) or quite (34%) effective.
Digital experience replay enables a business to replay a website visitor's journey including interactions such as clicks, form entry, mouse movements and page scrolling. A replay may also show consumer interaction at 'real-life' speed, to further highlight any sticking points.
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...