News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
94% of businesses find digital experience replay tool effective
Today, customer satisfaction and online experience are the "lifeblood of businesses". Yet nearly three-quarters (73%) do not know the reasons why visitors to their website leave without converting, according to a new whitepaper from IBM Tealeaf.
That figure is just one of many contained in IBM Tealeaf's Whitepaper "Addressing Changing Consumer Behavior", based on an international online survey of more than 500 business professionals. The whitepaper delves into how well businesses believe they understand the overall customer experience.
Findings show that just under half (48%) believe they have a good handle on the types of content that prompt consumers to make a purchase. Furthermore, 43% say they have a good understanding of a consumer's reason for making a purchase, 48% appreciate the value of visitors from different traffic sources and 61% are aware of how people discover their website or brand.
"With competitors just a click away, understanding customer behavior and improving customer experience has never been more critical," says the whitepaper. "Reducing customer struggle is no easy feat, especially as each individual customer faces a deluge of different struggles in a multitude of different platforms. But understanding customers is half the battle."
So, what tool do most businesses find effective in helping them better understand the customer experience? The IBM Tealeaf whitepaper found that, while just over a quarter (28%) of respondents use digital experience replay, the vast majority (94%) found it to be very (60%) or quite (34%) effective.
Digital experience replay enables a business to replay a website visitor's journey including interactions such as clicks, form entry, mouse movements and page scrolling. A replay may also show consumer interaction at 'real-life' speed, to further highlight any sticking points.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...