News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
94% of businesses find digital experience replay tool effective
Today, customer satisfaction and online experience are the "lifeblood of businesses". Yet nearly three-quarters (73%) do not know the reasons why visitors to their website leave without converting, according to a new whitepaper from IBM Tealeaf.
That figure is just one of many contained in IBM Tealeaf's Whitepaper "Addressing Changing Consumer Behavior", based on an international online survey of more than 500 business professionals. The whitepaper delves into how well businesses believe they understand the overall customer experience.
Findings show that just under half (48%) believe they have a good handle on the types of content that prompt consumers to make a purchase. Furthermore, 43% say they have a good understanding of a consumer's reason for making a purchase, 48% appreciate the value of visitors from different traffic sources and 61% are aware of how people discover their website or brand.
"With competitors just a click away, understanding customer behavior and improving customer experience has never been more critical," says the whitepaper. "Reducing customer struggle is no easy feat, especially as each individual customer faces a deluge of different struggles in a multitude of different platforms. But understanding customers is half the battle."
So, what tool do most businesses find effective in helping them better understand the customer experience? The IBM Tealeaf whitepaper found that, while just over a quarter (28%) of respondents use digital experience replay, the vast majority (94%) found it to be very (60%) or quite (34%) effective.
Digital experience replay enables a business to replay a website visitor's journey including interactions such as clicks, form entry, mouse movements and page scrolling. A replay may also show consumer interaction at 'real-life' speed, to further highlight any sticking points.
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...