News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 5 marketers will increase mobile budgets by 50% or more in next 2 years
The number of marketers with mobile budgets exceeding $300,000 has more than quadrupled since 2011, according to new figures released by the Interactive Advertising Bureau.
A mobile advertising survey carried out among marketers in 2011 by the IAB showed that just 7% had annual mobile marketing budgets of more than $300,000.
The latest update to that survey found that, among the 300 brand marketer participants, 32% now had budgets exceeding that amount.
And there are more mobile budget increases on the horizon as nearly three quarters (74%) of survey respondents predict spend on mobile advertising will continue to increase over the next couple of years. Furthermore, 19% believe their mobile budgets will increase by 50% or more during that period.
"These findings reaffirm that publishers need to make mobile a top priority in order to take advantage of strong brand marketer demand," says Anna Bager, Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, IAB. "In addition, it is a signal to all of us at IAB that we must continue initiatives, such as our HTML5 guidance for digital advertising, to fuel the mobile arena."
When asked what they ranked as "very important" or "important" mobile advertising developments 87% said responsive design followed by HTML5 (77%) and mobile native advertising (74%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...