News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Web experiences heading in the wrong direction
The latest rankings from the Temkin Group reveal the overall poor state of web experiences as few companies provide the experience consumers are looking for.
In their survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers and analysis of 211 companies across 19 industries, the company that earned top marks was, not surprisingly, Amazon, based on the question, "Thinking back to your most recent interaction with the websites of these companies, how satisfied were you with the experience?"
Next in the Temkin Web Experience Ratings came USAA, in both second and third place, for its bank and insurance businesses. Banks also take up the remaining top five with Regions in fourth place and U.S. Bank in fifth.
Amazon is one of just three retail businesses that appear in the top ten, the others being eBay in joint fifth place with U.S. Bank and QVC which shares eighth place with yet another bank, A Credit Union.
In fact, the banking, investment and credit card industries make up the vast majority of businesses in the top 10 ranking.
At the other end of the scale, at the bottom of the rankings, Internet services, including Verizon and AT&T, feature most prominently, followed by TV services and Health Plan industries.
Overall, only 6% of companies earned "strong" or "very strong" ratings, while 63% earned "weak" or "very weak" ratings.
"The web is a key channel, but online experiences aren't very good and are heading in the wrong direction," said Bruce Temkin, Managing Partner of Temkin Group.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...