News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thomas Cook reports increase in online retail transactions
A recent statement from travel agency Thomas Cook reveals that over a third of its retail transactions now take place online, and the company aims to make that percentage even higher.
Thomas Cook's latest financial figures show a small increase in revenues in the nine months to June, 2013 - up to £5.6 billion from £5.5 billion. At the same time, the travel agency announced that 35% of retail transactions now come via online channels, up from 34% in 2012.
In its Interim Management Statement for the three months ended 30 June 2013, the company claims to be "the most visible holiday website on Google UK, attracting 59% of all generic holiday searches made via laptops and desktops" and that it is "the second most visible website for generic holiday searches made via tablets and smartphones, accounting for 68% and just below travelsupermarket.com on 69%".
Earlier this year, Thomas Cook revealed a major new implementation to up its online game - the high-tech 24/7 Listening Lab. The specially trained social media listening team can listen in to brand chatter in over 180 languages. They can identify brand champions and those who the travel agency should be engaging with in social circles to increase sales.
Just as importantly, the team is set up to provide real-time crisis management, competitor analysis and listen and analyze customer sentiment about products, advertising and PR. Data can be collected and analyzed to provide insights for future marketing campaigns and product development.
Image via Shutterstock
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...