News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thomas Cook reports increase in online retail transactions
A recent statement from travel agency Thomas Cook reveals that over a third of its retail transactions now take place online, and the company aims to make that percentage even higher.
Thomas Cook's latest financial figures show a small increase in revenues in the nine months to June, 2013 - up to £5.6 billion from £5.5 billion. At the same time, the travel agency announced that 35% of retail transactions now come via online channels, up from 34% in 2012.
In its Interim Management Statement for the three months ended 30 June 2013, the company claims to be "the most visible holiday website on Google UK, attracting 59% of all generic holiday searches made via laptops and desktops" and that it is "the second most visible website for generic holiday searches made via tablets and smartphones, accounting for 68% and just below travelsupermarket.com on 69%".
Earlier this year, Thomas Cook revealed a major new implementation to up its online game - the high-tech 24/7 Listening Lab. The specially trained social media listening team can listen in to brand chatter in over 180 languages. They can identify brand champions and those who the travel agency should be engaging with in social circles to increase sales.
Just as importantly, the team is set up to provide real-time crisis management, competitor analysis and listen and analyze customer sentiment about products, advertising and PR. Data can be collected and analyzed to provide insights for future marketing campaigns and product development.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....