News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thomas Cook reports increase in online retail transactions
A recent statement from travel agency Thomas Cook reveals that over a third of its retail transactions now take place online, and the company aims to make that percentage even higher.
Thomas Cook's latest financial figures show a small increase in revenues in the nine months to June, 2013 - up to £5.6 billion from £5.5 billion. At the same time, the travel agency announced that 35% of retail transactions now come via online channels, up from 34% in 2012.
In its Interim Management Statement for the three months ended 30 June 2013, the company claims to be "the most visible holiday website on Google UK, attracting 59% of all generic holiday searches made via laptops and desktops" and that it is "the second most visible website for generic holiday searches made via tablets and smartphones, accounting for 68% and just below travelsupermarket.com on 69%".
Earlier this year, Thomas Cook revealed a major new implementation to up its online game - the high-tech 24/7 Listening Lab. The specially trained social media listening team can listen in to brand chatter in over 180 languages. They can identify brand champions and those who the travel agency should be engaging with in social circles to increase sales.
Just as importantly, the team is set up to provide real-time crisis management, competitor analysis and listen and analyze customer sentiment about products, advertising and PR. Data can be collected and analyzed to provide insights for future marketing campaigns and product development.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...