News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thomas Cook reports increase in online retail transactions
A recent statement from travel agency Thomas Cook reveals that over a third of its retail transactions now take place online, and the company aims to make that percentage even higher.
Thomas Cook's latest financial figures show a small increase in revenues in the nine months to June, 2013 - up to £5.6 billion from £5.5 billion. At the same time, the travel agency announced that 35% of retail transactions now come via online channels, up from 34% in 2012.
In its Interim Management Statement for the three months ended 30 June 2013, the company claims to be "the most visible holiday website on Google UK, attracting 59% of all generic holiday searches made via laptops and desktops" and that it is "the second most visible website for generic holiday searches made via tablets and smartphones, accounting for 68% and just below travelsupermarket.com on 69%".
Earlier this year, Thomas Cook revealed a major new implementation to up its online game - the high-tech 24/7 Listening Lab. The specially trained social media listening team can listen in to brand chatter in over 180 languages. They can identify brand champions and those who the travel agency should be engaging with in social circles to increase sales.
Just as importantly, the team is set up to provide real-time crisis management, competitor analysis and listen and analyze customer sentiment about products, advertising and PR. Data can be collected and analyzed to provide insights for future marketing campaigns and product development.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...