News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The way to consumers' digital wallets is via coupons and loyalty
In its first annual Vibes Mobile Wallet Consumer Report, the mobile marketing technology firm reveals that 6 out of 10 consumers would change their perception of a retailer for the better of they provided special offers and loyalty cards via a mobile wallet.
From the survey of 1,000 U.S. smartphone owners, Vibes concludes that using their smartphone as a mobile wallet that "eliminates the need for paper items... and expedites the check-out process at their favorite retailers" is what consumers want.
More than one third of (36%) claim they use their mobile phone to shop in store more today than they did two years ago - citing this as the biggest shift in their overall shopping experience
"This research confirms what we've been seeing in the mobile wallet campaigns we have run for our retail customers - a consumer's phone is more than just a research tool," said Jack Philbin, co-founder and CEO of Vibes.
Almost 60% of respondents that use mobile wallets said they would look better upon a retailer if special offers and loyalty cards were sent to it. In terms of delivery, email was the preferred method (46%) followed by text message (20%) and apps (19%).
Among non-users of mobile wallet technology, the most compelling reason to try a non-payment version was receiving better promotions and offers (50%) followed by being able to organize coupons and loyalty cards (43%).
However, when Vibes asked the survey panel for their definition of a mobile wallet, only 27% really knew what they were talking about ("a mobile tool that allows me to both pay for items with my phone and store information") compared with 19% who outright agreed they had "no idea what a mobile wallet is or what it's used for".
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...