News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The way to consumers' digital wallets is via coupons and loyalty
In its first annual Vibes Mobile Wallet Consumer Report, the mobile marketing technology firm reveals that 6 out of 10 consumers would change their perception of a retailer for the better of they provided special offers and loyalty cards via a mobile wallet.
From the survey of 1,000 U.S. smartphone owners, Vibes concludes that using their smartphone as a mobile wallet that "eliminates the need for paper items... and expedites the check-out process at their favorite retailers" is what consumers want.
More than one third of (36%) claim they use their mobile phone to shop in store more today than they did two years ago - citing this as the biggest shift in their overall shopping experience
"This research confirms what we've been seeing in the mobile wallet campaigns we have run for our retail customers - a consumer's phone is more than just a research tool," said Jack Philbin, co-founder and CEO of Vibes.
Almost 60% of respondents that use mobile wallets said they would look better upon a retailer if special offers and loyalty cards were sent to it. In terms of delivery, email was the preferred method (46%) followed by text message (20%) and apps (19%).
Among non-users of mobile wallet technology, the most compelling reason to try a non-payment version was receiving better promotions and offers (50%) followed by being able to organize coupons and loyalty cards (43%).
However, when Vibes asked the survey panel for their definition of a mobile wallet, only 27% really knew what they were talking about ("a mobile tool that allows me to both pay for items with my phone and store information") compared with 19% who outright agreed they had "no idea what a mobile wallet is or what it's used for".
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...