News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The way to consumers' digital wallets is via coupons and loyalty
In its first annual Vibes Mobile Wallet Consumer Report, the mobile marketing technology firm reveals that 6 out of 10 consumers would change their perception of a retailer for the better of they provided special offers and loyalty cards via a mobile wallet.
From the survey of 1,000 U.S. smartphone owners, Vibes concludes that using their smartphone as a mobile wallet that "eliminates the need for paper items... and expedites the check-out process at their favorite retailers" is what consumers want.
More than one third of (36%) claim they use their mobile phone to shop in store more today than they did two years ago - citing this as the biggest shift in their overall shopping experience
"This research confirms what we've been seeing in the mobile wallet campaigns we have run for our retail customers - a consumer's phone is more than just a research tool," said Jack Philbin, co-founder and CEO of Vibes.
Almost 60% of respondents that use mobile wallets said they would look better upon a retailer if special offers and loyalty cards were sent to it. In terms of delivery, email was the preferred method (46%) followed by text message (20%) and apps (19%).
Among non-users of mobile wallet technology, the most compelling reason to try a non-payment version was receiving better promotions and offers (50%) followed by being able to organize coupons and loyalty cards (43%).
However, when Vibes asked the survey panel for their definition of a mobile wallet, only 27% really knew what they were talking about ("a mobile tool that allows me to both pay for items with my phone and store information") compared with 19% who outright agreed they had "no idea what a mobile wallet is or what it's used for".
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...