News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: People delete emails that don't render on mobile
The explosion of mobile devices is allowing more consumers to engage in more places, unfortunately it is also underlining an on-going problem: email rendering. Despite the ability of businesses to test emails to ensure they render correctly across screens, many do not. And a new report indicates those non-rendering emails are getting an auto-delete from mobile consumers.
New data out from Constant Contact and Chadwick Martin Bailey underlines the importance of mobile capabilities in email. According to the research most (75%) of consumers are 'highly likely' to delete an email that doesn't render correctly on a mobile device.
And if you're thinking mobile is still a small bit of the email space, thinking again. Most consumers (80%) say it's 'extremely important' to read emails on mobile devices.
"The fact of the matter is that consumers are opening emails on their phones first with increasing regularity," said Jim Garretson, mobile product manager at Constant Contact. "The great thing about mobile emails is that shorter content and fewer calls to action actually perform better than complicated and dense messaging. By simplifying email marketing campaigns, marketers can take an essential and effective step towards becoming mobile-friendly."
Other interesting findings include:
• 88% of Millennials (ages 18-30) open email via mobile, 50% say a smartphone is their 'primary' email device
• 85% of those aged 30-39 say they read emails on mobile, 52% say smartphones are their primary email device
• 79% say they'll reopen emails on PC that they've already opened on mobile
• 49% say they'll click mobile links
Image via Shutterstock
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...