News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: People delete emails that don't render on mobile
The explosion of mobile devices is allowing more consumers to engage in more places, unfortunately it is also underlining an on-going problem: email rendering. Despite the ability of businesses to test emails to ensure they render correctly across screens, many do not. And a new report indicates those non-rendering emails are getting an auto-delete from mobile consumers.
New data out from Constant Contact and Chadwick Martin Bailey underlines the importance of mobile capabilities in email. According to the research most (75%) of consumers are 'highly likely' to delete an email that doesn't render correctly on a mobile device.
And if you're thinking mobile is still a small bit of the email space, thinking again. Most consumers (80%) say it's 'extremely important' to read emails on mobile devices.
"The fact of the matter is that consumers are opening emails on their phones first with increasing regularity," said Jim Garretson, mobile product manager at Constant Contact. "The great thing about mobile emails is that shorter content and fewer calls to action actually perform better than complicated and dense messaging. By simplifying email marketing campaigns, marketers can take an essential and effective step towards becoming mobile-friendly."
Other interesting findings include:
• 88% of Millennials (ages 18-30) open email via mobile, 50% say a smartphone is their 'primary' email device
• 85% of those aged 30-39 say they read emails on mobile, 52% say smartphones are their primary email device
• 79% say they'll reopen emails on PC that they've already opened on mobile
• 49% say they'll click mobile links
Image via Shutterstock
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- Newspapers go digital but readers continue to pick up a print copy
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...