News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: People delete emails that don't render on mobile
The explosion of mobile devices is allowing more consumers to engage in more places, unfortunately it is also underlining an on-going problem: email rendering. Despite the ability of businesses to test emails to ensure they render correctly across screens, many do not. And a new report indicates those non-rendering emails are getting an auto-delete from mobile consumers.
New data out from Constant Contact and Chadwick Martin Bailey underlines the importance of mobile capabilities in email. According to the research most (75%) of consumers are 'highly likely' to delete an email that doesn't render correctly on a mobile device.
And if you're thinking mobile is still a small bit of the email space, thinking again. Most consumers (80%) say it's 'extremely important' to read emails on mobile devices.
"The fact of the matter is that consumers are opening emails on their phones first with increasing regularity," said Jim Garretson, mobile product manager at Constant Contact. "The great thing about mobile emails is that shorter content and fewer calls to action actually perform better than complicated and dense messaging. By simplifying email marketing campaigns, marketers can take an essential and effective step towards becoming mobile-friendly."
Other interesting findings include:
• 88% of Millennials (ages 18-30) open email via mobile, 50% say a smartphone is their 'primary' email device
• 85% of those aged 30-39 say they read emails on mobile, 52% say smartphones are their primary email device
• 79% say they'll reopen emails on PC that they've already opened on mobile
• 49% say they'll click mobile links
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...