News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: People delete emails that don't render on mobile
The explosion of mobile devices is allowing more consumers to engage in more places, unfortunately it is also underlining an on-going problem: email rendering. Despite the ability of businesses to test emails to ensure they render correctly across screens, many do not. And a new report indicates those non-rendering emails are getting an auto-delete from mobile consumers.
New data out from Constant Contact and Chadwick Martin Bailey underlines the importance of mobile capabilities in email. According to the research most (75%) of consumers are 'highly likely' to delete an email that doesn't render correctly on a mobile device.
And if you're thinking mobile is still a small bit of the email space, thinking again. Most consumers (80%) say it's 'extremely important' to read emails on mobile devices.
"The fact of the matter is that consumers are opening emails on their phones first with increasing regularity," said Jim Garretson, mobile product manager at Constant Contact. "The great thing about mobile emails is that shorter content and fewer calls to action actually perform better than complicated and dense messaging. By simplifying email marketing campaigns, marketers can take an essential and effective step towards becoming mobile-friendly."
Other interesting findings include:
• 88% of Millennials (ages 18-30) open email via mobile, 50% say a smartphone is their 'primary' email device
• 85% of those aged 30-39 say they read emails on mobile, 52% say smartphones are their primary email device
• 79% say they'll reopen emails on PC that they've already opened on mobile
• 49% say they'll click mobile links
Image via Shutterstock
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...
- Motivations in the Marketing Mix
Direct targeting of consumers based on their motivations increased message relevance....
- 10 New Ways to Think About Affiliate Marketing Best Practices
Affiliate marketing is big business and it is poised to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. While affiliate marketing is...
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...