News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile brands missing conversions
Mobile brands may be increasing their ad buys and pushing more budget dollars into the space, but they are still missing out on too many conversions. That, according to new data out from BrightEdge, which indicates mobile continues to underperform desktop in the conversion battle.
Most Americans now have cell phones and more than 100 million of them have converted to smartphones. In addition, studies show that more and more shoppers turn to mobile to research products and finalize buys. Still, mobile conversions are much lower than desktop according to new research out from BrightEdge. According to the report:
• From H1 2012 to H1 2013 mobile traffic increase 10 times the rate of desktop
• Verticals including Softward/Tech and Financial Services are pushing mobile traffic
• Overall, Tablet and Desktop users convert at higher rates than Smartphone users
"Despite rapid and continuing growth, mobile remains a largely untapped opportunity for marketers," said Jim Yu, CEO and founder of BrightEdge. "Brands that learn how to leverage mobile and understand content on in terms of traffic, engagement and revenue stand to deliver staggering results in both customer loyalty and ROI."
"More than ever, we are seeing a steady increase in mobile and tablet traffic," said Shahid Awan, global head of search at CheapFlights.com. "It's extremely important for us to understand the impact of our mobile and tablet activities so that we're fully prepared to take advantage of this traffic and achieve better business results."
What is driving conversion rates for tablet and desktop users? Video. According to BrightEdge researchers video content is helping some brands level the conversion playing field. Entertainment content, for example, is pushing mobile conversions 1.6x higher than desktop users.
Image via Shutterstock
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...