News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile engagement hinges on experience
We all know that mobile is all about the experience. New data from Maxymiser underlines that fact, especially in mobile retail. According to new data from the Mobilizing the Retail Shopping Experience, 39% of mobile shoppers will leave a mobile site after a poor experience - for a competitor store.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 65% of mobile users place emphasis on fast mobile page loads and easy to use sites
• 58% of mobile shoppers use devices on the way to a physical store or while shopping in-store
• 23% of shoppers will 'return less often' if they have a bad mobile experience
"If there's one thing we know, it's the importance and value of testing and personalizing the customer experience across all devices," said Paul Dunay, global vice president of marketing, Maxymiser. "This research points to a clear shift in consumers' mobile behavior as well as an urgency among retailers to move mobile optimization to the top of their digital marketing priorities in 2013. Every moment they delay can result in a huge windfall not only in customer engagement and loyalty, but also in revenue."
Meanwhile, AppAnnie has released new data that indicates the interests of mobile app users. Data from the AppAnnie Index shows that messenger apps are growing in popularity as more mobiles use their devices to stay in touch with friends, family and social networks. Six of the top 10 apps downloaded within GooglePlay were messenger apps (July 2013, non-gaming).
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...