News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platforms to push greater SMB engagement
Two platform upgrades should give small businesses a better foothold in the online space - without toppling marketing budgets in the process. The first will allow brands to create ads for both the social and search spaces while the second offers an assist with customer automation.
First, an update to the PricingEngine platform will allow brands to create an ad one time and then push across the social space - including sharing sites like Reddit, Foursquare and Twitter and search engines including Google, Bing and Yahoo.
"Millions of small business owners are the backbone of our economy, and they deserve to have the best tools available to take advantage of growth opportunities through digital media channels just like major corporations," said Jeremy Kagan, co-founder and CEO, PricingEngine. "That's why we're excited about the expansion of our platform to include support for advertising across these popular social media sites. This kind of innovation and enablement of the small business community is what has been fueling our own strong growth and expansion."
Meanwhile, ReachLocal has launched the ReachCommerce portal, set up to offer an assist to local retailers. Through the portal local businesses can control budgets through online bookings and customer automations.
"In the 10 years that ReachLocal has been helping SMBs bring their marketing efforts online, we've discovered that many still operate the same way they did 50 years ago," said Zorik Gordon, ReachLocal's co-founder and chief executive officer. "We created ReachCommerce to give local businesses a painless way to bring all of their operations online and harness the power of mobile technology, which we believe will reduce the costs of lost bookings, customers and profits."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...