News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform to ID phony traffic
There is a new player in the online security space. Mdotlabs released as a spin-off from the Broadcast Interactive Media platform; Mdotlabs is set up to help online businesses and ad agencies identify fraudulent online traffic and better protect their online campaigns from fraudsters.
"Similar to the emergence of spam that made email almost an unusable tool in the late '90s, advertising fraud online is a massive issue," said Timur Yarnall, CEO and co-founder, Mdotlabs. "ComScore recently estimated that "50% of web traffic is non-human and mostly malicious", meaning that over $25 billion in digital ad spend was wasted globally in 2012. As users and advertising migrate rapidly to mobile platforms, the problem only gets more severe -- mobile is a very complex environment with far less standardization than desktop web and more vulnerable than ever to ad fraud."
The Mdotlabs AdSecure Platform is set up to help advertisers, demand-sides and publishers identify fraudulent traffic and then avoid those troublesome clicks.
"Traffic which is not the result of genuine interest from a desired human user, including malware generated traffic, non-human (bot) traffic and fraudulent traffic generation techniques - especially from traffic exchanges - is costing online advertisers and their partners, tens of billions of dollars in wasted impressions," says MdotLabs Chief Scientist and co-founder Paul Barford, also a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin. "MdotLabs has developed campaign security analytics that provide highly accurate and timely detection of invalid impression and click activity for both online and mobile traffic. Our AdSecure Platform will assure campaign protection for brands and agencies."
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...