News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform to ID phony traffic
There is a new player in the online security space. Mdotlabs released as a spin-off from the Broadcast Interactive Media platform; Mdotlabs is set up to help online businesses and ad agencies identify fraudulent online traffic and better protect their online campaigns from fraudsters.
"Similar to the emergence of spam that made email almost an unusable tool in the late '90s, advertising fraud online is a massive issue," said Timur Yarnall, CEO and co-founder, Mdotlabs. "ComScore recently estimated that "50% of web traffic is non-human and mostly malicious", meaning that over $25 billion in digital ad spend was wasted globally in 2012. As users and advertising migrate rapidly to mobile platforms, the problem only gets more severe -- mobile is a very complex environment with far less standardization than desktop web and more vulnerable than ever to ad fraud."
The Mdotlabs AdSecure Platform is set up to help advertisers, demand-sides and publishers identify fraudulent traffic and then avoid those troublesome clicks.
"Traffic which is not the result of genuine interest from a desired human user, including malware generated traffic, non-human (bot) traffic and fraudulent traffic generation techniques - especially from traffic exchanges - is costing online advertisers and their partners, tens of billions of dollars in wasted impressions," says MdotLabs Chief Scientist and co-founder Paul Barford, also a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin. "MdotLabs has developed campaign security analytics that provide highly accurate and timely detection of invalid impression and click activity for both online and mobile traffic. Our AdSecure Platform will assure campaign protection for brands and agencies."
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...