News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Monetate, Fiksu reports show importance of mobile
US consumers continue switching to mobile at very high conversion rates. That fast migration is also pushing more advertisers into the space, but some may be ill prepared for the different ways they must now engage - and the cost to acquire those users.
New data out from Monetate shows 21% of ecommerce traffic is now coming from mobile devices while 28% of US consumers are now logging on to the web from mobile devices more often than from desktop computers. This, the report notes, is why 'responsive design' is getting more buzz from brands.
With responsive design, websites are automatically optimized for screen size without the user pinching or zooming to account for screen size. But that optimization comes at a cost, the report notes, including slower mobile load times, longer time for a website to be in development and the experience factor - because while responsive design does optimize the size it leaves out the ability to create a personalized mobile experience.
According to the Fiksu data the cost to convert a loyal user increased by 13% (June 2013) to reach $1.50; much of that increase they note is because of the new apps set up to allow more brands to advertise to Facebook users from mobile apps.
"It's no wonder that brands are starting to ramp up their spending on Facebook mobile app install ads as they are driving large volumes of qualified users at extremely cost-effective rates," said Micah Adler, Fiksu CEO. "Now really is the best time to invest in Facebook campaigns while costs remain comparatively low - and before competition starts to heat up."
Each day 5.6 million apps were downloaded (June) compared to 5.9 million downloads in May.
Image via Shutterstock
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...