News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin: PLAs are delivering for retailers
Brands if you're looking for an ad that delivers, new data out from Marin Software may shed light. According to their new report, Google's Product Listing Ads (PLAs) are delivering click thrus more than 20% higher than text and with a more than 90% Year over Year (YoY) increase in click share.
According to the "Google Shopping Ads: Product Listing Ads Deliver For Retailers" report, consumers and clicking and retailers are creating product listing ads. Their data shows consumer click throughs 21% higher than traditional text ads.
"Product Listing Ads are a break through format for advertisers, but also a big step toward improving the online shopping experience for users," said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer at Marin Software. "Google Product Listing Ads showcase what happens when users encounter relevant, engaging ads. There is no doubt the online shopping landscape has been significantly changed by PLAs and we expect even more notable results this holiday shopping season."
Some interesting findings include:
• YoY PLA click share increases of 91%
• PLA spending up 59% between October 2012 and July 2013
• PLA CPCs have increased 53%, standard text ad CPCs increased 10% during the same time period
Because of the increase in consumer interest, the Marin report suggests an increasing portion of ad budgets will be pushed through to product listing ads through Q4 2013. How interested are retailers? According to Marin the June 2013 PLA spend was as high as the spend for the November 2012 portion of the holiday shopping period.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...