News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin: PLAs are delivering for retailers
Brands if you're looking for an ad that delivers, new data out from Marin Software may shed light. According to their new report, Google's Product Listing Ads (PLAs) are delivering click thrus more than 20% higher than text and with a more than 90% Year over Year (YoY) increase in click share.
According to the "Google Shopping Ads: Product Listing Ads Deliver For Retailers" report, consumers and clicking and retailers are creating product listing ads. Their data shows consumer click throughs 21% higher than traditional text ads.
"Product Listing Ads are a break through format for advertisers, but also a big step toward improving the online shopping experience for users," said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer at Marin Software. "Google Product Listing Ads showcase what happens when users encounter relevant, engaging ads. There is no doubt the online shopping landscape has been significantly changed by PLAs and we expect even more notable results this holiday shopping season."
Some interesting findings include:
• YoY PLA click share increases of 91%
• PLA spending up 59% between October 2012 and July 2013
• PLA CPCs have increased 53%, standard text ad CPCs increased 10% during the same time period
Because of the increase in consumer interest, the Marin report suggests an increasing portion of ad budgets will be pushed through to product listing ads through Q4 2013. How interested are retailers? According to Marin the June 2013 PLA spend was as high as the spend for the November 2012 portion of the holiday shopping period.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...