News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Majority of CEOs fail to engage with social media
It's a case of do as I say, not as I do. New research reveals that while the world's biggest companies are using social media, their CEOs are not.
The research, released by Domo and CEO.com, reveals that 70% of Fortune 500 CEOs do not have a presence on social media - not even an unused Twitter profile or abandoned Facebook page.
And of the remaining 30% who do venture into the social media world, the vast majority (28%) chooses to use LinkedIn. Of those 140 CEOs on LinkedIn, 25 have more than 500 connections.
Just 28, or 3.8%, of Fortune 500 CEOs are on Twitter, 10 more than last year, but only 19 have bothered to use their account to send out a Tweet in the last 100 days.
"The rise of Twitter in particular really points to the need for speed among CEOs," said Josh James, founder of CEO.com and Domo. "Business leaders desire information that is quick, succinct and easily digestible. Twitter more than any other social network delivers on that."
Similarly, just 35 have a presence on Facebook, and that figure has decreased since last year when 38 CEOs were using the social network.
Google+ is the least used among social savvy CEOs - just 5 of the Fortune 500 CEOs have an account on this social network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...