News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn gives high school students access to University profiles
As of mid-September, LinkedIn is lowering the minimum age to create a profile, to allow high school students to engage with Universities and their graduates.
It's free to set up a LinkedIn profile, the company gets its revenue, in part, from charging fees for premium access and sells advertising space. And, from 12 September, high school students will also become eligible to partake in the professional networking service.
The reason for lowering the minimum age requirement is simple - it will allow high school students to access a new feature called University Pages. Around 200 Universities already have profiles on LinkedIn, and by allowing students access to these profiles they will be able to learn about what is on offer and connect with other students and graduates.
The minimum age will vary by country. In most countries the minimum age will be 13 but, the U.S., Australia, Canada, Germany, South Korea and Spain, the minimum age will be 14, in the Netherlands 16 and in China 18.
"Smart, ambitious students are already thinking about their futures when they step foot into high school - where they want to go to college, what they want to study, where they want to live and work," says Eric Heath, Director of Legal - Global Privacy and Public Policy at LinkedIn. "We want to encourage these students to leverage the insights and connections of the millions of successful professionals on LinkedIn, so they can make the most informed decisions and start their careers off right."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...