News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kenshoo: Facebook ads show significant performance improvement
The results of Kenshoo Social's quarterly analysis of 75 billion Facebook ads reveal significant performance improvement over the first two quarters of 2013.
According to Kenshoo Social, Facebook is no longer just a brand awareness and consumer engagement channel. It has evolved into a "powerful direct response channel", says Todd Herrold, senior director of product marketing.
In an infographic released yesterday, Kenshoo Social showed that click volume has increased 16.4%, conversions are up 56.9% and ad revenue increased 28.3%. Furthermore, click-through-rate (CTR) is up 18.5% while cost-per-click (CPC) is down 15.9%.
The success of Facebook ads has been influenced, in part, by the launch of new ad targeting products, such as Customer and Lookalike Audiences, Partner Categories and the Facebook Exchange, says Kenshoo Social, along with continuing optimization of ad units.
"At the same time, advertisers are getting better at narrowing down their target audiences and honing in more appropriately on users who may find the ad engaging," says Herrold. "They're becoming more sophisticated and are increasingly leveraging advertising platforms, like Kenshoo Social, to build and manage scale using automated bid optimization, audience targeting and expansion algorithms."
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...