News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kenshoo: Facebook ads show significant performance improvement
The results of Kenshoo Social's quarterly analysis of 75 billion Facebook ads reveal significant performance improvement over the first two quarters of 2013.
According to Kenshoo Social, Facebook is no longer just a brand awareness and consumer engagement channel. It has evolved into a "powerful direct response channel", says Todd Herrold, senior director of product marketing.
In an infographic released yesterday, Kenshoo Social showed that click volume has increased 16.4%, conversions are up 56.9% and ad revenue increased 28.3%. Furthermore, click-through-rate (CTR) is up 18.5% while cost-per-click (CPC) is down 15.9%.
The success of Facebook ads has been influenced, in part, by the launch of new ad targeting products, such as Customer and Lookalike Audiences, Partner Categories and the Facebook Exchange, says Kenshoo Social, along with continuing optimization of ad units.
"At the same time, advertisers are getting better at narrowing down their target audiences and honing in more appropriately on users who may find the ad engaging," says Herrold. "They're becoming more sophisticated and are increasingly leveraging advertising platforms, like Kenshoo Social, to build and manage scale using automated bid optimization, audience targeting and expansion algorithms."
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...