News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve retailer's social strategies
Retail marketing is fast becoming a competitive sport. As more brands try to engage across channels - both online and offline - competition and 'outside the box' thinking is becoming a must. Black Friday Weekend 2012 saw Walmart blanket Facebook with 50 million ads - the problem? Not all those ads were relevant.
"Social media is all about content and timing. And there's no better example than the birth of the royal baby, Prince George, in July. Oreo, Starbucks, Charmin and Delta were among brands taking advantage of the royal birth to engage with their followers. While many brands were praised for their messages, several brands landed on the worst #RoyalBaby tweet lists. Why? It's not about being first to the post, but being relevant," said Pelin Thorogood, CEO, Anametrix.
With back-to-school shopping at its peak, retailers are already shifting their attention to holiday shopping campaigns. Pelin assures that relevance will remain the key for those social media connections.
"Now as marketing teams engage with shoppers in the back-to-school and holiday seasons, the most effective marketing teams will be using social platforms in what I call "right-time marketing." And by "right time," I mean making the right offers at the right time to the right people through the right channels," said Thorogood. "It's not just about launching social campaigns, but analyzing data and doing predictive analytics so that brands feature the most relevant products and offers to customers at the time they want to buy them."
So, retailers, as you beef up those holiday campaigns don't forget the data. Look at what works to engage your core shopping base, and then make those factors work for your social campaigns.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...