News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve retailer's social strategies
Retail marketing is fast becoming a competitive sport. As more brands try to engage across channels - both online and offline - competition and 'outside the box' thinking is becoming a must. Black Friday Weekend 2012 saw Walmart blanket Facebook with 50 million ads - the problem? Not all those ads were relevant.
"Social media is all about content and timing. And there's no better example than the birth of the royal baby, Prince George, in July. Oreo, Starbucks, Charmin and Delta were among brands taking advantage of the royal birth to engage with their followers. While many brands were praised for their messages, several brands landed on the worst #RoyalBaby tweet lists. Why? It's not about being first to the post, but being relevant," said Pelin Thorogood, CEO, Anametrix.
With back-to-school shopping at its peak, retailers are already shifting their attention to holiday shopping campaigns. Pelin assures that relevance will remain the key for those social media connections.
"Now as marketing teams engage with shoppers in the back-to-school and holiday seasons, the most effective marketing teams will be using social platforms in what I call "right-time marketing." And by "right time," I mean making the right offers at the right time to the right people through the right channels," said Thorogood. "It's not just about launching social campaigns, but analyzing data and doing predictive analytics so that brands feature the most relevant products and offers to customers at the time they want to buy them."
So, retailers, as you beef up those holiday campaigns don't forget the data. Look at what works to engage your core shopping base, and then make those factors work for your social campaigns.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...