News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve retailer's social strategies
Retail marketing is fast becoming a competitive sport. As more brands try to engage across channels - both online and offline - competition and 'outside the box' thinking is becoming a must. Black Friday Weekend 2012 saw Walmart blanket Facebook with 50 million ads - the problem? Not all those ads were relevant.
"Social media is all about content and timing. And there's no better example than the birth of the royal baby, Prince George, in July. Oreo, Starbucks, Charmin and Delta were among brands taking advantage of the royal birth to engage with their followers. While many brands were praised for their messages, several brands landed on the worst #RoyalBaby tweet lists. Why? It's not about being first to the post, but being relevant," said Pelin Thorogood, CEO, Anametrix.
With back-to-school shopping at its peak, retailers are already shifting their attention to holiday shopping campaigns. Pelin assures that relevance will remain the key for those social media connections.
"Now as marketing teams engage with shoppers in the back-to-school and holiday seasons, the most effective marketing teams will be using social platforms in what I call "right-time marketing." And by "right time," I mean making the right offers at the right time to the right people through the right channels," said Thorogood. "It's not just about launching social campaigns, but analyzing data and doing predictive analytics so that brands feature the most relevant products and offers to customers at the time they want to buy them."
So, retailers, as you beef up those holiday campaigns don't forget the data. Look at what works to engage your core shopping base, and then make those factors work for your social campaigns.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...