News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve retailer's social strategies
Retail marketing is fast becoming a competitive sport. As more brands try to engage across channels - both online and offline - competition and 'outside the box' thinking is becoming a must. Black Friday Weekend 2012 saw Walmart blanket Facebook with 50 million ads - the problem? Not all those ads were relevant.
"Social media is all about content and timing. And there's no better example than the birth of the royal baby, Prince George, in July. Oreo, Starbucks, Charmin and Delta were among brands taking advantage of the royal birth to engage with their followers. While many brands were praised for their messages, several brands landed on the worst #RoyalBaby tweet lists. Why? It's not about being first to the post, but being relevant," said Pelin Thorogood, CEO, Anametrix.
With back-to-school shopping at its peak, retailers are already shifting their attention to holiday shopping campaigns. Pelin assures that relevance will remain the key for those social media connections.
"Now as marketing teams engage with shoppers in the back-to-school and holiday seasons, the most effective marketing teams will be using social platforms in what I call "right-time marketing." And by "right time," I mean making the right offers at the right time to the right people through the right channels," said Thorogood. "It's not just about launching social campaigns, but analyzing data and doing predictive analytics so that brands feature the most relevant products and offers to customers at the time they want to buy them."
So, retailers, as you beef up those holiday campaigns don't forget the data. Look at what works to engage your core shopping base, and then make those factors work for your social campaigns.
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...