News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to improve retailer's social strategies
Retail marketing is fast becoming a competitive sport. As more brands try to engage across channels - both online and offline - competition and 'outside the box' thinking is becoming a must. Black Friday Weekend 2012 saw Walmart blanket Facebook with 50 million ads - the problem? Not all those ads were relevant.
"Social media is all about content and timing. And there's no better example than the birth of the royal baby, Prince George, in July. Oreo, Starbucks, Charmin and Delta were among brands taking advantage of the royal birth to engage with their followers. While many brands were praised for their messages, several brands landed on the worst #RoyalBaby tweet lists. Why? It's not about being first to the post, but being relevant," said Pelin Thorogood, CEO, Anametrix.
With back-to-school shopping at its peak, retailers are already shifting their attention to holiday shopping campaigns. Pelin assures that relevance will remain the key for those social media connections.
"Now as marketing teams engage with shoppers in the back-to-school and holiday seasons, the most effective marketing teams will be using social platforms in what I call "right-time marketing." And by "right time," I mean making the right offers at the right time to the right people through the right channels," said Thorogood. "It's not just about launching social campaigns, but analyzing data and doing predictive analytics so that brands feature the most relevant products and offers to customers at the time they want to buy them."
So, retailers, as you beef up those holiday campaigns don't forget the data. Look at what works to engage your core shopping base, and then make those factors work for your social campaigns.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...