News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to hashtag like a pro
The humble hashtag packs a lot more media punch than its often given credit for. It can insert a Tweet into the heart of an ongoing conversation, or entice Followers to more actively engage.
Hashtags, originally created by Twitter users, have gone on to become an invaluable tool for finding specific conversations taking place on the microblogging platform - they are the file-tabs by which many navigate the cacophony of text.
According to RadiumOne's VP of mobile, Kamal Kaur, the use of hashtags is "unlike other forms of social sharing" because they "implicitly reflect customer sentiment and are one of the most powerful ways consumers have to vocalize their tastes and preferences at scale in a real-time fashion". RadiumOne's recent research found that hashtags motivate half of consumers to explore more content.
In a nutshell, Twitter suggests centralizing usage around one hashtag, instead of spreading a message too thinly across multiple hashtags. Furthermore, identifying an existing hashtag associated with an ongoing conversation, to which your Tweet will add value, is an excellent way of instantly engaging with both Followers but all those who are participating in that conversation.
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
- Online Reviews: Consumers seeing stars, not content
- Amazon proposes 'drone zones'
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...