News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to hashtag like a pro
The humble hashtag packs a lot more media punch than its often given credit for. It can insert a Tweet into the heart of an ongoing conversation, or entice Followers to more actively engage.
Hashtags, originally created by Twitter users, have gone on to become an invaluable tool for finding specific conversations taking place on the microblogging platform - they are the file-tabs by which many navigate the cacophony of text.
According to RadiumOne's VP of mobile, Kamal Kaur, the use of hashtags is "unlike other forms of social sharing" because they "implicitly reflect customer sentiment and are one of the most powerful ways consumers have to vocalize their tastes and preferences at scale in a real-time fashion". RadiumOne's recent research found that hashtags motivate half of consumers to explore more content.
In a nutshell, Twitter suggests centralizing usage around one hashtag, instead of spreading a message too thinly across multiple hashtags. Furthermore, identifying an existing hashtag associated with an ongoing conversation, to which your Tweet will add value, is an excellent way of instantly engaging with both Followers but all those who are participating in that conversation.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...