News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to hashtag like a pro
The humble hashtag packs a lot more media punch than its often given credit for. It can insert a Tweet into the heart of an ongoing conversation, or entice Followers to more actively engage.
Hashtags, originally created by Twitter users, have gone on to become an invaluable tool for finding specific conversations taking place on the microblogging platform - they are the file-tabs by which many navigate the cacophony of text.
According to RadiumOne's VP of mobile, Kamal Kaur, the use of hashtags is "unlike other forms of social sharing" because they "implicitly reflect customer sentiment and are one of the most powerful ways consumers have to vocalize their tastes and preferences at scale in a real-time fashion". RadiumOne's recent research found that hashtags motivate half of consumers to explore more content.
In a nutshell, Twitter suggests centralizing usage around one hashtag, instead of spreading a message too thinly across multiple hashtags. Furthermore, identifying an existing hashtag associated with an ongoing conversation, to which your Tweet will add value, is an excellent way of instantly engaging with both Followers but all those who are participating in that conversation.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...