News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to hashtag like a pro
The humble hashtag packs a lot more media punch than its often given credit for. It can insert a Tweet into the heart of an ongoing conversation, or entice Followers to more actively engage.
Hashtags, originally created by Twitter users, have gone on to become an invaluable tool for finding specific conversations taking place on the microblogging platform - they are the file-tabs by which many navigate the cacophony of text.
According to RadiumOne's VP of mobile, Kamal Kaur, the use of hashtags is "unlike other forms of social sharing" because they "implicitly reflect customer sentiment and are one of the most powerful ways consumers have to vocalize their tastes and preferences at scale in a real-time fashion". RadiumOne's recent research found that hashtags motivate half of consumers to explore more content.
In a nutshell, Twitter suggests centralizing usage around one hashtag, instead of spreading a message too thinly across multiple hashtags. Furthermore, identifying an existing hashtag associated with an ongoing conversation, to which your Tweet will add value, is an excellent way of instantly engaging with both Followers but all those who are participating in that conversation.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...