News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to hashtag like a pro
The humble hashtag packs a lot more media punch than its often given credit for. It can insert a Tweet into the heart of an ongoing conversation, or entice Followers to more actively engage.
Hashtags, originally created by Twitter users, have gone on to become an invaluable tool for finding specific conversations taking place on the microblogging platform - they are the file-tabs by which many navigate the cacophony of text.
According to RadiumOne's VP of mobile, Kamal Kaur, the use of hashtags is "unlike other forms of social sharing" because they "implicitly reflect customer sentiment and are one of the most powerful ways consumers have to vocalize their tastes and preferences at scale in a real-time fashion". RadiumOne's recent research found that hashtags motivate half of consumers to explore more content.
In a nutshell, Twitter suggests centralizing usage around one hashtag, instead of spreading a message too thinly across multiple hashtags. Furthermore, identifying an existing hashtag associated with an ongoing conversation, to which your Tweet will add value, is an excellent way of instantly engaging with both Followers but all those who are participating in that conversation.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...