News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to get more from Labor Day sales
The final holiday of the summer season is nearly here in the US. Labor Day marks the unofficial end to summer - and a switchover over retailers, too. Our expert offers advice to brands to make the most of Labor Day sales - and revenue.
According to data out from comScore, US consumers spent nearly $50 billion online in Q2, a good sign as retailers begin putting the finishing touches on holiday campaigns. But, before the holidays there is another holiday that will push more shoppers into physical and online stores: Labor Day.
I recently had the chance to chat with Offers.com's Howard Schaffer about trends in the etailing space.
"Labor Day travel deals are in strong demand this year. Consumers are looking to get away one last time while the weather is still warm," said Howard Schaffer, Vice President, Offers.com. "There are many other end-of-summer clearance sales, as well as last minute back-to-school deals through mid-September. A lot of kids want to see what their friends are wearing before they go "fashion shopping" for school."
Schaffer went on to suggest that the best way for retailers to approach the Labor Day holiday was with consumer interests in mind. Namely, that many consumers are now thinking about the fall and winter months.
"Since Labor Day is close to a change in season, products like fall fashion would be a great way to engage shoppers. Traditionally stores don't heavily promote in-season products. At this time of the year we generally see great sales on mattresses, furniture, appliances and end of summer items like patio furniture, swimsuits and grills," said Schaffer.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...