News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to get more from Labor Day sales
The final holiday of the summer season is nearly here in the US. Labor Day marks the unofficial end to summer - and a switchover over retailers, too. Our expert offers advice to brands to make the most of Labor Day sales - and revenue.
According to data out from comScore, US consumers spent nearly $50 billion online in Q2, a good sign as retailers begin putting the finishing touches on holiday campaigns. But, before the holidays there is another holiday that will push more shoppers into physical and online stores: Labor Day.
I recently had the chance to chat with Offers.com's Howard Schaffer about trends in the etailing space.
"Labor Day travel deals are in strong demand this year. Consumers are looking to get away one last time while the weather is still warm," said Howard Schaffer, Vice President, Offers.com. "There are many other end-of-summer clearance sales, as well as last minute back-to-school deals through mid-September. A lot of kids want to see what their friends are wearing before they go "fashion shopping" for school."
Schaffer went on to suggest that the best way for retailers to approach the Labor Day holiday was with consumer interests in mind. Namely, that many consumers are now thinking about the fall and winter months.
"Since Labor Day is close to a change in season, products like fall fashion would be a great way to engage shoppers. Traditionally stores don't heavily promote in-season products. At this time of the year we generally see great sales on mattresses, furniture, appliances and end of summer items like patio furniture, swimsuits and grills," said Schaffer.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...