News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to get more from Labor Day sales
The final holiday of the summer season is nearly here in the US. Labor Day marks the unofficial end to summer - and a switchover over retailers, too. Our expert offers advice to brands to make the most of Labor Day sales - and revenue.
According to data out from comScore, US consumers spent nearly $50 billion online in Q2, a good sign as retailers begin putting the finishing touches on holiday campaigns. But, before the holidays there is another holiday that will push more shoppers into physical and online stores: Labor Day.
I recently had the chance to chat with Offers.com's Howard Schaffer about trends in the etailing space.
"Labor Day travel deals are in strong demand this year. Consumers are looking to get away one last time while the weather is still warm," said Howard Schaffer, Vice President, Offers.com. "There are many other end-of-summer clearance sales, as well as last minute back-to-school deals through mid-September. A lot of kids want to see what their friends are wearing before they go "fashion shopping" for school."
Schaffer went on to suggest that the best way for retailers to approach the Labor Day holiday was with consumer interests in mind. Namely, that many consumers are now thinking about the fall and winter months.
"Since Labor Day is close to a change in season, products like fall fashion would be a great way to engage shoppers. Traditionally stores don't heavily promote in-season products. At this time of the year we generally see great sales on mattresses, furniture, appliances and end of summer items like patio furniture, swimsuits and grills," said Schaffer.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...