News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to get more from Labor Day sales
The final holiday of the summer season is nearly here in the US. Labor Day marks the unofficial end to summer - and a switchover over retailers, too. Our expert offers advice to brands to make the most of Labor Day sales - and revenue.
According to data out from comScore, US consumers spent nearly $50 billion online in Q2, a good sign as retailers begin putting the finishing touches on holiday campaigns. But, before the holidays there is another holiday that will push more shoppers into physical and online stores: Labor Day.
I recently had the chance to chat with Offers.com's Howard Schaffer about trends in the etailing space.
"Labor Day travel deals are in strong demand this year. Consumers are looking to get away one last time while the weather is still warm," said Howard Schaffer, Vice President, Offers.com. "There are many other end-of-summer clearance sales, as well as last minute back-to-school deals through mid-September. A lot of kids want to see what their friends are wearing before they go "fashion shopping" for school."
Schaffer went on to suggest that the best way for retailers to approach the Labor Day holiday was with consumer interests in mind. Namely, that many consumers are now thinking about the fall and winter months.
"Since Labor Day is close to a change in season, products like fall fashion would be a great way to engage shoppers. Traditionally stores don't heavily promote in-season products. At this time of the year we generally see great sales on mattresses, furniture, appliances and end of summer items like patio furniture, swimsuits and grills," said Schaffer.
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...