News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to get more from Labor Day sales
The final holiday of the summer season is nearly here in the US. Labor Day marks the unofficial end to summer - and a switchover over retailers, too. Our expert offers advice to brands to make the most of Labor Day sales - and revenue.
According to data out from comScore, US consumers spent nearly $50 billion online in Q2, a good sign as retailers begin putting the finishing touches on holiday campaigns. But, before the holidays there is another holiday that will push more shoppers into physical and online stores: Labor Day.
I recently had the chance to chat with Offers.com's Howard Schaffer about trends in the etailing space.
"Labor Day travel deals are in strong demand this year. Consumers are looking to get away one last time while the weather is still warm," said Howard Schaffer, Vice President, Offers.com. "There are many other end-of-summer clearance sales, as well as last minute back-to-school deals through mid-September. A lot of kids want to see what their friends are wearing before they go "fashion shopping" for school."
Schaffer went on to suggest that the best way for retailers to approach the Labor Day holiday was with consumer interests in mind. Namely, that many consumers are now thinking about the fall and winter months.
"Since Labor Day is close to a change in season, products like fall fashion would be a great way to engage shoppers. Traditionally stores don't heavily promote in-season products. At this time of the year we generally see great sales on mattresses, furniture, appliances and end of summer items like patio furniture, swimsuits and grills," said Schaffer.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...