News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to better leverage CRM data across channels
Improving campaign ROI isn't only about noting online trends and tweaking existing messaging. One online expert explains that optimizing ROI is as much about offline CRM as it is about online messaging trends.
Rob Gatto, President, Aggregate Knowledge: The key to success on the website is understanding the audience profiles to ensure the proper offer messaging and call to action. Expanding to re-targeting makes sense, but frequency and controlling the number of retargeting partners to insure proper frequency is extremely important. You must avoid having consumers bombarded with ads and partners that fight over cookies to secure the "last touch" for credit.
Kristina: What is the most effective way to segment an audience leveraging CRM data across digital media channels, including social?
Rob: Utilizing your offline CRM file is essential to improving the ROI on your digital ad spend. It also is a great way to build consistent messaging to your customer base cross channel. In your offline marketing efforts you utilize every piece of information you have about your customer. The amount of marketing you push in their direction, the frequency, the messaging is all controlled by what the demographic makeup is of the customer is, how often and what they purchase. Bringing that data online and matching it to online profiles provides you the same opportunity.
Kristina: How can brands alternatively use this rich data?
Rob: This data can be a powerful tool in helping you target the right messages at an optimal frequency. It is also effective for suppression strategies by allowing you to remove existing customers from your digital marketing efforts. This data also allows you to optimize reach extension strategies by utilizing look-a-like models to extend your message to profiles similar to your customer base.
You can read part one of my chat with Rob and Aggregate Knowledge here.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...