News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holidaymakers don't take a break from Twitter
Taking a mobile device on vacation is about as important as taking local currency and sun tan lotion. New research reveals how holidaymakers feel the need to keep in contact and send progress reports while they take a break.
Vacations are no longer entirely about getting away from it all. More and more people take along their mobile device and keep in touch with friends or catch up on the news back home, instead of cutting themselves off completely.
One of the reasons I picked a particular resort in Samoa for my holiday last year was that it had no mobile reception and the only way to get 'connected' was via an ancient computer in the resort main office running on a similarly ancient dial up Internet connection (I tried to upload a photograph to Facebook and it took over an hour).
However, most other Brits can't bear to be disconnected, whether on the beach or in the mountains. In fact, research last month by Lastminute.com found that 27% would not consider booking a hotel that had no free Wi-Fi.
New research, this time from Twitter Ads UK, carried out by GlobalWebIndex, reveals that 59% of Brits on holiday check Twitter at least once each day. A fifth use it to check flight information, 25% use it to find local restaurants or tourist attractions, and 64% use it to keep in touch with friends back home. Half use Twitter to keep people informed of how their holiday is going, while 45% Tweet pics.
Twitter UK's infographic can be viewed online.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...