News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Health firm on-pack QR code campaign yields surprising results
When supplement manufacturer Doctor's Best began putting QR codes on the front of product labels to appeal to consumers, little did they know their target audience would show the least interest.
At the start of August, Doctor's Best initiated an education campaign via QR codes printed on the front of product labels. The aim was to increase transparency by providing consumers with smartphones with additional product and health information via a link to their website.
"The FDA has long held a manufacturer's website is an extension of its marketing, so Doctor's Best is continuing its commitment to consumer education by providing an easy access tool to capture the wealth of product information available," said Scott Steinford, CEO of Doctor's Best, adding that an independent web review for content and compliance had been conducted.
However, the company has observed something unexpected within campaign metrics to date. It is the retailers who stock the product that are scanning the QR codes, more so than the consumers.
Turning the unusual findings around to their advantage, Doctor's Best says that in-store staff using the QR codes will enable them to "become considerably more informed very easily" and that part of the reason for the lack of consumer interaction with the QR codes is that the general population has yet to fully embrace the use of such mobile tools.
Image via Shutterstock
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...