News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Health firm on-pack QR code campaign yields surprising results
When supplement manufacturer Doctor's Best began putting QR codes on the front of product labels to appeal to consumers, little did they know their target audience would show the least interest.
At the start of August, Doctor's Best initiated an education campaign via QR codes printed on the front of product labels. The aim was to increase transparency by providing consumers with smartphones with additional product and health information via a link to their website.
"The FDA has long held a manufacturer's website is an extension of its marketing, so Doctor's Best is continuing its commitment to consumer education by providing an easy access tool to capture the wealth of product information available," said Scott Steinford, CEO of Doctor's Best, adding that an independent web review for content and compliance had been conducted.
However, the company has observed something unexpected within campaign metrics to date. It is the retailers who stock the product that are scanning the QR codes, more so than the consumers.
Turning the unusual findings around to their advantage, Doctor's Best says that in-store staff using the QR codes will enable them to "become considerably more informed very easily" and that part of the reason for the lack of consumer interaction with the QR codes is that the general population has yet to fully embrace the use of such mobile tools.
Image via Shutterstock
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...