News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Health firm on-pack QR code campaign yields surprising results
When supplement manufacturer Doctor's Best began putting QR codes on the front of product labels to appeal to consumers, little did they know their target audience would show the least interest.
At the start of August, Doctor's Best initiated an education campaign via QR codes printed on the front of product labels. The aim was to increase transparency by providing consumers with smartphones with additional product and health information via a link to their website.
"The FDA has long held a manufacturer's website is an extension of its marketing, so Doctor's Best is continuing its commitment to consumer education by providing an easy access tool to capture the wealth of product information available," said Scott Steinford, CEO of Doctor's Best, adding that an independent web review for content and compliance had been conducted.
However, the company has observed something unexpected within campaign metrics to date. It is the retailers who stock the product that are scanning the QR codes, more so than the consumers.
Turning the unusual findings around to their advantage, Doctor's Best says that in-store staff using the QR codes will enable them to "become considerably more informed very easily" and that part of the reason for the lack of consumer interaction with the QR codes is that the general population has yet to fully embrace the use of such mobile tools.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...