News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Health firm on-pack QR code campaign yields surprising results
When supplement manufacturer Doctor's Best began putting QR codes on the front of product labels to appeal to consumers, little did they know their target audience would show the least interest.
At the start of August, Doctor's Best initiated an education campaign via QR codes printed on the front of product labels. The aim was to increase transparency by providing consumers with smartphones with additional product and health information via a link to their website.
"The FDA has long held a manufacturer's website is an extension of its marketing, so Doctor's Best is continuing its commitment to consumer education by providing an easy access tool to capture the wealth of product information available," said Scott Steinford, CEO of Doctor's Best, adding that an independent web review for content and compliance had been conducted.
However, the company has observed something unexpected within campaign metrics to date. It is the retailers who stock the product that are scanning the QR codes, more so than the consumers.
Turning the unusual findings around to their advantage, Doctor's Best says that in-store staff using the QR codes will enable them to "become considerably more informed very easily" and that part of the reason for the lack of consumer interaction with the QR codes is that the general population has yet to fully embrace the use of such mobile tools.
Image via Shutterstock
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...