News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Health firm on-pack QR code campaign yields surprising results
When supplement manufacturer Doctor's Best began putting QR codes on the front of product labels to appeal to consumers, little did they know their target audience would show the least interest.
At the start of August, Doctor's Best initiated an education campaign via QR codes printed on the front of product labels. The aim was to increase transparency by providing consumers with smartphones with additional product and health information via a link to their website.
"The FDA has long held a manufacturer's website is an extension of its marketing, so Doctor's Best is continuing its commitment to consumer education by providing an easy access tool to capture the wealth of product information available," said Scott Steinford, CEO of Doctor's Best, adding that an independent web review for content and compliance had been conducted.
However, the company has observed something unexpected within campaign metrics to date. It is the retailers who stock the product that are scanning the QR codes, more so than the consumers.
Turning the unusual findings around to their advantage, Doctor's Best says that in-store staff using the QR codes will enable them to "become considerably more informed very easily" and that part of the reason for the lack of consumer interaction with the QR codes is that the general population has yet to fully embrace the use of such mobile tools.
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...